Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-1 will not record on Right Channel  (Read 1687 times)

Offline TheImplodingVoice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Edirol R-1 will not record on Right Channel
« on: July 23, 2007, 11:47:15 PM »
Hi, everyone! I bought my Edirol R-1 brand new from Cascade Media in Nov, 2005 and have only used it to record a few concerts, as I bought a modified R-1 shortly after. I've used it once in a while to record at home and took great care of it.

The other day I was traveling into Manhattan to record a band and decided to use my regular R-1. I tested it in the car and discovered it only records in the Left channel, using external mics and the built-in mics.  When I got home, my recordings were obviously ruined and mono. It is set to Stereo and has never fallen or been abused. Does anyone know what is wrong and if it's worth getting fixed?

I don't want to have a broken R-1 just sitting in storage.

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Edirol R-1 broken input jack
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 07:03:15 PM »
Hi, everyone! I bought my Edirol R-1 brand new from Cascade Media in Nov, 2005 and have only used it to record a few concerts, as I bought a modified R-1 shortly after. I've used it once in a while to record at home and took great care of it.

The other day I was traveling into Manhattan to record a band and decided to use my regular R-1. I tested it in the car and discovered it only records in the Left channel, using external mics and the built-in mics.  When I got home, my recordings were obviously ruined and mono. It is set to Stereo and has never fallen or been abused. Does anyone know what is wrong and if it's worth getting fixed?

I don't want to have a broken R-1 just sitting in storage.

hi tom

the input jack can break on the regular r1 just like on its younger brother, the r09.  i don't think the jacks were nearly as prone to failure on the r1 as much as (early runs of?) the r09, but all the same... i broke one of mine.

as this is still a stock unit, send it back to edirol.  they'll fix it for you, but i don't think it's a warranty item.

or you could open up the box and resolder the connection points yourself...

Offline TheImplodingVoice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Edirol R-1 will not record on Right Channel
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 12:35:31 AM »
Thank you for your reply. Would this soldering issue also apply to the built-in microphones? Both the input jack and built-in microphones only operate on the Left channel.

Thanks again!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com