Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

The case for a super-small, basic high quality recorder

<< < (5/5)

Saltshaker:

--- Quote from: ideal77dlr on January 13, 2019, 05:54:40 PM ---In the age of wanding and small bags only, it’s surprising that there’s not really anything *quite* like that in the market.
I know ‘stralth’ isn’t a consideration for manufacturers, but size and features usually are.

If you could just have the absolute basic features than contribute to a high quality recording, what would they be?

For me the ideal small recorder needs to go back to minidisc recorder size, no built-in microphones, a 3.5 Stereo line-in, a basic screen (monitor, options etc...), dial/buttons allowing for level adjustment, stop/start rec., a ‘hold’ feature, and a slot for a micro SD card for storage.

Maybe surprisingly, nothing like this really exists does it?

If you just had the basics like this, how small and thin could you go? Smaller than a iPhone?

--- End quote ---

Even though this is an older thread, the same exact same question came to mind the other night when I taped a show for the first time in quite a while. I was caught off guard by newly installed walk through detectors and I had to change my tactics fast before going through. Fortunately it was all good and I still use my handle R-09, I just cant help but wonder what the latest and greatest was.
I did not find much out there and I expected to find a few newer recorders but not that much. I did see a discontinued PDA recorder by Core Sound that was small but I was thinking something smaller. Although the SPDR was mentioned, has anyone discussed or used the PDR which is smaller?
https://www.lectrosonics.com/US/PDR/product.html

jerryfreak:
Pcm-a10

Saltshaker:

--- Quote from: jerryfreak on August 10, 2019, 01:45:23 PM ---Pcm-a10

--- End quote ---

I like it except if they ditched the internal mics, it would be a perfect size.

jerryfreak:
Easily removable if you take it apart

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version