Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SMB-1 Mod who knows?  (Read 2339 times)

Offline silence

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
SMB-1 Mod who knows?
« on: May 06, 2007, 03:11:34 PM »
Hi
I recently bought a smb-1 with Tod stage mod.  I realize that the ouput that I need was optical and this unit only has the RCA digital.  Does anyone here know what options I have other than carrying another box and battery set to convert it?  Anyone here does the optical mod?  - Thanks in advance for any help.

silence

Offline TheMaestro

• Taperssection Regular
Re: SMB-1 Mod who knows?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 04:02:38 PM »
I've been using the adapter that's in my avatar, but I am going to replace the 7pin female connector on the unit with a optical port.  Here is a picture of what it looks like http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,51067.0.html.  After I get the optical jacks I ordered, I will be modding another member's sbm. I may be able to mod yours too, if you're interested.
Venue Security: Let me see your identification.
TheMaestro: [with a small wave of his hand] You don't need to see his identification.
Venue Security: We don't need to see his identification.
TheMaestro: This isn't the recording equipment you're looking for.
Venue Security: This isn't the recording equipment we're looking for.
TheMaestro: He can go about his business.
Venue Security: You can go about your business.
TheMaestro: Move along.
Venue Security: Move along... move along.

Offline silence

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 04:36:38 PM »
I've been using the adapter that's in my avatar, but I am going to replace the 7pin female connector on the unit with a optical port.  Here is a picture of what it looks like http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,51067.0.html.  After I get the optical jacks I ordered, I will be modding another member's sbm. I may be able to mod yours too, if you're interested.
Hi Maestro
I didn't know such an adapter existed, does it mean that you currently have optical out of that ?  if so where can I get such animal and why would you replace your 7pin with an optical connector if you already have an adapter that does that?  If not, then I would be interested to have mine modded to have an spdif out-  How reliable is such mod?  I record uplugged performances and events for the blind - my rig is 4060>dummy head >Battery box >SD MP2 >iHP-120 -  thanks for replying - silence 

Offline TheMaestro

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 12:05:29 AM »
Yes, I have optical out that I run into a rockboxed Iriver.
Well, I made that adapter myself.  I used a 7pin connector and put a optical jack inside.  I would be making more of these adapters but it's impossible to buy 7pin connectors(they are discontinued).  I've been hacking the 7pins off broken cables and using them.  Since it's hard to find the connectors it is just easier to put the optical jack right on the sbm1.  I have never had any problems with the optical cutting out or not working right.  I get back to you when I have the parts ordered for the mod.  I plan on only charging $35 shipped for the mod.  Let me know what you think or if you have any other questions.
-Trenton
Venue Security: Let me see your identification.
TheMaestro: [with a small wave of his hand] You don't need to see his identification.
Venue Security: We don't need to see his identification.
TheMaestro: This isn't the recording equipment you're looking for.
Venue Security: This isn't the recording equipment we're looking for.
TheMaestro: He can go about his business.
Venue Security: You can go about your business.
TheMaestro: Move along.
Venue Security: Move along... move along.

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 12:11:27 AM »
Trenton,

Did you get that email I sent?  I have two of these things ready to ship to you. 

ANDY

Offline silence

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 03:42:06 AM »
Yes, I have optical out that I run into a rockboxed Iriver.
Well, I made that adapter myself.  I used a 7pin connector and put a optical jack inside.  I would be making more of these adapters but it's impossible to buy 7pin connectors(they are discontinued).  I've been hacking the 7pins off broken cables and using them.  Since it's hard to find the connectors it is just easier to put the optical jack right on the sbm1.  I have never had any problems with the optical cutting out or not working right.  I get back to you when I have the parts ordered for the mod.  I plan on only charging $35 shipped for the mod.  Let me know what you think or if you have any other questions.
-Trenton

Trenton, yes, i'm interested. either the adaptor if it can be found or the permanent mod. just let me know, we can pm from now on. Thanks -silence

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com