Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schopes A20S help...  (Read 2496 times)

Offline bkirby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoeps/MGs > M148/248 > SD722
Schopes A20S help...
« on: April 11, 2005, 02:53:15 PM »
Has anyone had troble with the A20s not fitting well with any 5/8" screws? Seems like they are a tad bit wider and keep coming loose. I will jam some tape in there to keep them still, but does anyone else have a remedy? I have been using the AKG bar and the Shure vret. bar, and neither will thread correctly!

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
Re: Schopes A20S help...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 04:07:40 PM »
Has anyone had troble with the A20s not fitting well with any 5/8" screws? Seems like they are a tad bit wider and keep coming loose. I will jam some tape in there to keep them still, but does anyone else have a remedy? I have been using the AKG bar and the Shure vret. bar, and neither will thread correctly!

Are you sure you haven't messed up the threading?  Since it's plastic you have to be careful with the a20s.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline bkirby

• Taperssection Member
  • Schoeps/MGs > M148/248 > SD722
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 04:15:51 PM »
The threads are still perfect, but they just seem too big to hold properly. I have never been able to get them remotely tight! Seems like the threads on the A20 are too fine for the wider ones on the AKG and Shure bars.  Just curious if anyone else has had problems and their possible remedies...

marc0789

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 04:36:02 PM »
I think the biggest problem is that the freaking thing is plastic. so very easy for little shavings to come off. and mine cracked, necessitating a super glue fix. piece o' crap. :P

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 04:42:27 PM »
I think the biggest problem is that the freaking thing is plastic. so very easy for little shavings to come off. and mine cracked, necessitating a super glue fix. piece o' crap. :P

You'd think that for $60 bucks it'd be a little sturdier.  ::)  I have to be more careful with that than I do with my mics.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline JAH

• Taperssection Member
  • The kids they dance, they shake their bones!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 05:24:50 PM »
mine are loose too...I use plenty of teflon pipe tape...I also have a quick release that I screw into it and it holds nicely...makes the mount stand taller on the rowie but doesn't fall off.
Taping, it's a team sport!
km140/150>M148>mme or msbm-1
...yes screwdriver impaired
modified akg 461/2/ck8
iH120...and a slew of dat decks ;-(

Offline Kwonfidelity

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Press Record!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 09:39:32 AM »
They make a 5/8(m) > 5/8(f).  It's made of metal and it fits the A20S/AMS22 snugly.  It extends the bottom of the schoeps mount with a metal piece with threads, instead of using the plastic threads on the mount.  So from that day forward you never unscrew at the schoeps mount, but at the metal piece.

I bought mine at showcase in atlanta, I'm sure any photo/video store has it available, or can be ordered.  Mine is silver/chrome.
Southern Recording, Inc.
High Fidelity Audio Capture

Offline JAH

• Taperssection Member
  • The kids they dance, they shake their bones!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 10:32:38 AM »
They make a 5/8(m) > 5/8(f). It's made of metal and it fits the A20S/AMS22 snugly. It extends the bottom of the schoeps mount with a metal piece with threads, instead of using the plastic threads on the mount. So from that day forward you never unscrew at the schoeps mount, but at the metal piece.

I bought mine at showcase in atlanta, I'm sure any photo/video store has it available, or can be ordered. Mine is silver/chrome.

qft!
that was the first thing that I did with mine. A metal 5/8-27 f>m adaptor inserted into the plastic threads.

I wish that I had bought the a20, rather than the a20s, as the extra stiffness of the a20s offers very little shock suppression with the lightweight compact capsules.
Moke buy the replacement bands for the a20???  no? ;)

They make a 5/8(m) > 5/8(f). It's made of metal and it fits the A20S/AMS22 snugly. It extends the bottom of the schoeps mount with a metal piece with threads, instead of using the plastic threads on the mount. So from that day forward you never unscrew at the schoeps mount, but at the metal piece.

I bought mine at showcase in atlanta, I'm sure any photo/video store has it available, or can be ordered. Mine is silver/chrome.
I'll have to get one, cause I don't like the extra height but it does work
thanks for the tip
Taping, it's a team sport!
km140/150>M148>mme or msbm-1
...yes screwdriver impaired
modified akg 461/2/ck8
iH120...and a slew of dat decks ;-(

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com