Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Do any handhelds record via USB?  (Read 10685 times)

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
Do any handhelds record via USB?
« on: January 08, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »
Are there any handheld recorders that allow recording via USB - say connected to some sort of UA5 computer-type interface...?

This would seem to be a cool approach - opens the door to easier multi-channel recording...

If a zoom H2 can record 4 channels at once...why cant we have a simple USB 2.0 recorder?

like "lappy-less" recording...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 06:08:35 PM by Roving Sign »

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
Re: Do any handhelds record via USB?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 06:30:59 PM »
Are there any handheld recorders that allow recording via USB - say connected to some sort of UA5 computer-type interface...?

This would seem to be a cool approach - opens the door to easier multi-channel recording...

If a zoom H2 can record 4 channels at once...why cant we have a simple USB 2.0 recorder?

like "lappy-less" recording...

I am not 100% sure what you are asking?

However I think it is to use the recorder as a USB audio input interface like the UA5?

The Zoom H4 can act as an external  'sound card' (audio interface), but it only records 2 channels at a time. You want 4 channel input? Then you will need to use an external audio interface like...

Many of these will, if you are lugging a laptop, then I don't see the problem with using a multi-channel interface?

EDIT: I see...the Edirol R44 does 4 channel? (reasonably cheaply) Why do you want USB involved?

digifish

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 06:35:39 PM by digifish_music »
- What's this knob do?

Roving Sign

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 06:40:40 PM »
Sorry I should be clearer - I really mean - hooking something like an ipod or even a JB3 up to a UA5 via USB...

Lots of handhelds have USB for file transfer - but - apparently, not recording.

So Im basically suggesting something that would do the same thing a laptop does...but without all the frills...

Does that make sense?

The ikey seems be sort of the idea - but only two channel 16/44...
http://www.ikey-audio.com/ikeyplus.htm

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 07:19:57 PM »
Sorry I should be clearer - I really mean - hooking something like an ipod or even a JB3 up to a UA5 via USB...

So Im basically suggesting something that would do the same thing a laptop does...but without all the frills...

Does that make sense?

So, you want an inexpensive 4+ channel hand-held recorder that accepts USB input and can run external audio interfaces?

The R44 is about as close as you can get to that spec, but it's combined all in one box (which BTW is very convenient). If I had a Zoom H2 sized recorder that accepted USB input then I would have a clumbsy external USB audio interface and a cable...not sure what the advantage of this would be?

digifish
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:23:06 PM by digifish_music »
- What's this knob do?

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 11:33:16 PM »
You want to plug a multichannel audio interface via USB into a box that either has the means to store the incoming data, or another USB output to a suitable drive - I think...

The problem is that the device would need to provide the required drivers for the audio interface.  It would also need to have some kind of menu driven interface to arm or not arm tracks, transport controls, and so forth.  By the time you'd done all that and priced it bearing in mind likely market size, you'd be charging rather more than the average laptop costs, I suspect.

The iKey takes incoming analog audio and outputs via USB to external storage.  That's the other way round, and is rather easier to accomplish.

Offline Kevin T

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 07:50:14 AM »
The H2 does 2 track  usb  to PC "podcasting" although I'v never used the feature.

Roving Sign

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 07:59:13 AM »
You want to plug a multichannel audio interface via USB into a box that either has the means to store the incoming data, or another USB output to a suitable drive - I think...

The problem is that the device would need to provide the required drivers for the audio interface.  It would also need to have some kind of menu driven interface to arm or not arm tracks, transport controls, and so forth.  By the time you'd done all that and priced it bearing in mind likely market size, you'd be charging rather more than the average laptop costs, I suspect.

The iKey takes incoming analog audio and outputs via USB to external storage.  That's the other way round, and is rather easier to accomplish.

Dont (at least some of) these audio interfaces remember their last settings when not attached to a PC?

The ikey...I guess the question would be: why cant the UA5 do what the ikey does (with respect to a downstream USB storage device)

The ikey is just an ultra-simple UA5 (ie audio interface)....
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 08:01:00 AM by Roving Sign »

Roving Sign

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 08:00:28 AM »
The H2 does 2 track  usb  to PC "podcasting" although I'v never used the feature.

Thats different - in that scenario the H2 is acting like a sound card...and the PC becomes the recorder...

I want to use a USB storage device with any USB 2.0 audio interface... :P

Roving Sign

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 08:08:07 AM »

Does that make sense?

So, you want an inexpensive 4+ channel hand-held recorder that accepts USB input and can run external audio interfaces?

The R44 is about as close as you can get to that spec, but it's combined all in one box (which BTW is very convenient). If I had a Zoom H2 sized recorder that accepted USB input then I would have a clumbsy external USB audio interface and a cable...not sure what the advantage of this would be?

digifish

The advantage would be the flexibility to use different audio interfaces - and not be wed to one box's mic pres/analog sound

Roving Sign

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 08:09:57 AM »

Does that make sense?

...then I would have a clumbsy external USB audio interface and a cable...
digifish

c'mon fish...one box connected to another with a wire is a pretty traditional setup in this hobby...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 08:11:40 AM by Roving Sign »

Offline Kevin T

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 11:20:00 AM »
AFAIK your 2 boxs must have one USB master( PC) . The H2 , UA5 etc can only be slaves

Offline sunjan

• Needs to get out more...
  • Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 06:11:44 PM »
The problem is that the device would need to provide the required drivers for the audio interface. 

This is the crux of the matter. Think about it, whenever you connect a USB device to a laptop, it need to have drivers written for that particular OS (usually Win, Linux or OSX). These drivers are normally provided either as CD; as internet download, or preinstalled with the OS.

That means that your "dream recorder" must run on a proper PC OS like one of the above, to be compatible with existing drivers. Think about it, it should be able to recognize 100's of different external devices. Or be open source (something like Rockbox) where users can compile drivers for their favorite USB sound cards. The "dream recorder" must then allow drivers to be uploaded with the firmware through the USB.

Basically, the "dream recorder" must be a computer to act like a computer.

I'd say the Asus Eee is as close as you can get to this idea yet. Maybe in the future...
Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 06:29:41 PM »
I'd say the Asus Eee is as close as you can get to this idea yet. Maybe in the future...

BTW: There are lots of ultra portable PC's hitting the market and on the market now...

http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/

http://www.umpcportal.com/

I have an eee PC 900HA btw, yet to take it into the field...but plan to.

digifish

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 06:34:48 PM by digifish_music »
- What's this knob do?

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Poohbah!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 06:44:54 PM »
Just to drag this in yet another direction, there are mics with USB outputs and I've seen an adapter that you plug into a regular mic's XLR connector that outputs USB. But like has been said, you'll probably need a driver and you probably can't hook up more than one without problems unless the drive is written for multiple devices. From what I've seen, those mics are aimed at the Podcast market, not filed recordists. With those mics or the adapter/mic combo, the mic ends up providing it's own phantom power, has its own preamp and does its own A/D conversion (at least I think so). In fact there is a mic that IS a recorder but its not something we'd normally use.

For what its worth, I'd bet that many of the current digital recorders are running a dedicated and stripped down version of Linux.
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 10:15:11 PM »
Just to drag this in yet another direction, there are mics with USB outputs and I've seen an adapter that you plug into a regular mic's XLR connector that outputs USB. But like has been said, you'll probably need a driver and you probably can't hook up more than one without problems unless the drive is written for multiple devices. From what I've seen, those mics are aimed at the Podcast market, not filed recordists. With those mics or the adapter/mic combo, the mic ends up providing it's own phantom power, has its own preamp and does its own A/D conversion (at least I think so). In fact there is a mic that IS a recorder but its not something we'd normally use.

For what its worth, I'd bet that many of the current digital recorders are running a dedicated and stripped down version of Linux.

This would suit the group here (if you like the A/D)...

http://www.bluemic.com/products/icicle

Features
Plug and Record - No Special Drivers Required

Built-in Studio Quality USB Microphone Preamp

Supplies 48V Phantom Power for Condenser Mics

Fully Balanced Low Noise Analog Front End

Analog Level Control

Phantom Power Active Light

Includes 6-ft USB Cable

digifish
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 10:17:09 PM by digifish_music »
- What's this knob do?

Offline sunjan

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 07:19:44 AM »

Interesting concept - but this is mono only?! That would require the sound editing software accepting two simultaneous input signals from two USB ports?! I don't think it exists, does it?

Offline cybergaloot

• Poohbah!
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 11:13:12 AM »

Sort of a stripped down mono UA-5 ... onna stick (for you Pratchett fans).
--
Walter

this>that>the other

Offline cybergaloot

• Poohbah!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 11:23:35 AM »

Interesting concept - but this is mono only?! That would require the sound editing software accepting two simultaneous input signals from two USB ports?! I don't think it exists, does it?

That's my question too but the audio software is usually talking to a driver, not straight to the device. I once tried to hook up both a UA-5 and a MobilePre I have to my laptop running Audacity and it didn't like that at all. But that was invoking two different drivers, this unit says it is driverless. I actually doubt that, I bet they mean the driver is built into the unit and supplied on demand across the wire like many other USB devices. Whether you can hook up two or more units probably depends on either the driver being able to handle multiple devices or the program/OS being able to handle multiple instances of the same driver.
--
Walter

this>that>the other

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 11:41:17 AM »
RE: handhelds
As some have mentioned the issue with a portable device being able to work with a device like the UA-5 is the USB host capability. To follow the USB host spec the device would have to provide power also to the client device.

To me, the ideal handheld device would have SPDIF input and be able to store the data on SD cards or via USB to a flash drive.

AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 02:08:05 PM »
RE: handhelds
As some have mentioned the issue with a portable device being able to work with a device like the UA-5 is the USB host capability. To follow the USB host spec the device would have to provide power also to the client device.

To me, the ideal handheld device would have SPDIF input and be able to store the data on SD cards or via USB to a flash drive.

Exactly!  This would be great.

By the way, I think there are two types of USB devices:

- "smart": these accept a *standard* "usb-audio" type driver, in the linux world, and an ASIO type driver in the windows world.  Example: UA5, Maudio Duo.

- "stupid": these need software loaded when connected.  Once this SW is load, the device operates as above. Example: Maudio Transit, some newer devices.  More devices tending this way because it reduces cost *just a bit*... so everyone does it as is typical in PC world.

To understand these devices, think "winmodem" as stupid and regular modem as "smart".  Not as extreme in SW involved but a similar distinction.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 08:39:55 PM »

That's my question too but the audio software is usually talking to a driver, not straight to the device. I once tried to hook up both a UA-5 and a MobilePre I have to my laptop running Audacity and it didn't like that at all. But that was invoking two different drivers, this unit says it is driverless. I actually doubt that, I bet they mean the driver is built into the unit and supplied on demand across the wire like many other USB devices.

ASIO4ALL often allows you to select multiple input drivers and use several devices in the one program. The software must be ASIO compatible tho. I don't think Audacity uses ASIO.

digifish
- What's this knob do?

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 08:48:40 PM »
BTW: This one will work in stereo with their drivers...

Complimentary Software Downloads for MicPort Users

* CEntrance Universal Driver™ allows for recording in stereo with multiple MicPorts

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=0r2Du_1r8VE <-- this guy is annoyingly happy BTW :)

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 08:50:27 PM by digifish_music »
- What's this knob do?

Offline sunjan

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 04:13:28 PM »

When you mentioned the Ipod, it got me thinking about these two. Not strictly USB, since they work over the ipod interface, but maybe this is the closest you can get what you're wishing for?!

Alesis Pro Track and Belkin GoStudio, both discussed earlier here on TS, but I don't recall seeing any IRL field reports.

Offline landshark

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
BTW: This one will work in stereo with their drivers...

Complimentary Software Downloads for MicPort Users

* CEntrance Universal Driver™ allows for recording in stereo with multiple MicPorts

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=0r2Du_1r8VE <-- this guy is annoyingly happy BTW :)

I have a pair.  I still haven't been able to install the MicPort drivers in a way to get both USB inputs active at the same time.  I had some email traffic with their support, and it looks like you have to install the drivers in a precise sequence or it flops.  I ran out of time before the trip where I was going to use them, so that project (among others) fell by the wayside.  Maybe I'll take another crack at it this week.  Sound quality seemed to be OK with my 460s+ actives.  I was running them into my ASUS EEE 901, and I do have some concerns that at full potential resolution (24/96) the pair of data streams produce more data than the EEE can handle (it uses relatively slow SD and SSD storage).   

Regarding USB, to reiterate what Kevin T said, the big problem is that somewhere in the USB chain you need the USB "master" that is controlling the data flow, called the "host".  Just because a device has a USB plug does not mean it can act as a host - and I believe it's a hardware issue.  For example, the USB host has to be able to provide 5v power.  Your normal USB device simply isn't wired to output power to the USB port and no software fix will change that.  I believe there is other hardware required as well to provide USB hosting services.

Mike

AKG 461's / 463's OR Senn MKH 8040's > MR1000 (Busman mod) or Shure FP24 (aka MixPre) > MR1 (open)
Coresounds Binaurals > CChurch 9100 > MR1 OR AKG CK1x/2x/3x > Deneke P20 > MR1 (low profile)

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 06:51:51 PM »

Shure have one btw...

Video here...

http://www.shure.com/NewProducts/X2u/index.htm

http://www.gearwire.com/shure-x2u-wnamm09.html <- Video...ANNOYING video, as you will see :)

Frequency Response
20 to 20,000 Hz +/- 1 dB

Power Requirements
USB-powered, 500 mA, maximum

Digital Noise Floor (20 Hz to 20 kHz, A-weighted)
Minimum MIC GAIN setting: −81 dB FS
Maximum MIC GAIN setting: −78 dB FS

Sampling Rate
up to 48 kHz

Bit Depth
16 bit

Peak Signal Indicator (Tri-color)
OFF: −30 dB FS
Green: −30 to −12 dB FS
Yellow: −12 to 0 dB FS
Red: >0 (digital converter clipped)

Adjustable Gain Range
40 dB

Headphone Output
3.5 mm (1/8 inch)
- What's this knob do?

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 11:01:26 PM »
Now wouldn't it be cool if one could have a little device with a USB input which would take the output from one of those and record it to a memory card?  But that's where we came in, of course... 

Hey, wait, how about doing away with the thing that has a mic input and USB output, and have a little device into which you could plug the mic direct, and it would record that, doing away with the USB bit altogether - everything in one box?

Oh...  so we've already got a slew of those devices on the market already.  Well, nevermind.  ;)

Offline cybergaloot

• Poohbah!
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 07:15:36 AM »
Now wouldn't it be cool if one could have a little device with a USB input which would take the output from one of those and record it to a memory card?  But that's where we came in, of course... 

Hey, wait, how about doing away with the thing that has a mic input and USB output, and have a little device into which you could plug the mic direct, and it would record that, doing away with the USB bit altogether - everything in one box?

Oh...  so we've already got a slew of those devices on the market already.  Well, nevermind.  ;)

There is a recorder built into a mic. I can't remember the make & model. It didn't appeal to me but I could see one day where maybe they would have a linked pair (or more) with a remote control panel. Instead of sending the audio signal down a cable to a recorder, it would stay in the mic/recorder. What would come down the cable would be less sensitive outputs of levels & monitoring and a return of control signals. After all, one draw back of those USB mic adapters is that often for us the controls would be 12' up in the air.
--
Walter

this>that>the other

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 12:52:15 AM »

There is a recorder built into a mic. I can't remember the make & model. It didn't appeal to me but I could see one day where maybe they would have a linked pair (or more) with a remote control panel. Instead of sending the audio signal down a cable to a recorder, it would stay in the mic/recorder. What would come down the cable would be less sensitive outputs of levels & monitoring and a return of control signals. After all, one draw back of those USB mic adapters is that often for us the controls would be 12' up in the air.

The other solution would be to spit a SPDIF signal down a conventional mic cable? The you could have a A/D XLR connector on one end and a bit-bucket (with monitoring) on the other.

digifish
- What's this knob do?

Offline cybergaloot

• Poohbah!
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 01:20:59 AM »

The other solution would be to spit a SPDIF signal down a conventional mic cable? The you could have a A/D XLR connector on one end and a bit-bucket (with monitoring) on the other.

digifish

Imagine this, a setup where you could either daisy chain mic/recorders together and be able to have more than one chain plug into a remote control/monitoring/bit bucket box. That way you could say, have a Decca tree in the air and some spot mics elsewhere all controlled by one box on the ground but with all the analog signals staying contained in the mic/recorders and only the digital signals coming to the control center.  Well, one can dream ...
--
Walter

this>that>the other

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 01:48:50 AM »
MADI is in essence multiple SPDIF, I believe.  Perhaps one day there will be a recorder with no analog inputs but madi only, taking input from a remote stagebox converting analog to MADI.

Offline cybergaloot

• Poohbah!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 02:14:16 AM »
MADI is in essence multiple SPDIF, I believe.  Perhaps one day there will be a recorder with no analog inputs but madi only, taking input from a remote stagebox converting analog to MADI.

I hadn't heard about MADI. Something else for me to learn about. I do think that we are the verge of some interesting new ways of doing things as the technology gets filtered down to affordable devices.
--
Walter

this>that>the other

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 06:13:25 AM »
I only know (a tiny bit) about MADI because the new concert hall here has been set up so that if you want to make a sensible multitrack recording, that's more or less the only way to go.  The olde worlde xlr patch connections, where available, have been converted from the digital network back to analog, so if you record from them, you're in an A - D - A - D situation, which is not ideal.

Offline landshark

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 11:00:40 AM »
Cyber, have you seen this:

http://www.neumann.com/?lang=en&id=current_microphones&cid=tlm103d_description

Neumann's "digital" microphones, they allow remote control through control signals sent through the cabling to the mic. 

Mike
AKG 461's / 463's OR Senn MKH 8040's > MR1000 (Busman mod) or Shure FP24 (aka MixPre) > MR1 (open)
Coresounds Binaurals > CChurch 9100 > MR1 OR AKG CK1x/2x/3x > Deneke P20 > MR1 (low profile)

Offline cybergaloot

• Poohbah!
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 11:12:47 AM »
Cyber, have you seen this:

http://www.neumann.com/?lang=en&id=current_microphones&cid=tlm103d_description

Neumann's "digital" microphones, they allow remote control through control signals sent through the cabling to the mic. 

Mike

Wow, no, I wasn't aware of that. Anything with Neumann on it is usually outside my current budget. I'll have to read in more depth when I get time later. Now they need to toss the laptop and make a dedicated control without the laptop headaches.
--
Walter

this>that>the other

Offline cybergaloot

• Poohbah!
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 03:01:42 PM »
Here's some Neumann Prices for those digital mics and associated gear.
Starter Set — $2,149;
Single mic — $1,949;
Stereo set — $3,769;
Capsule head — $779,
DMI-2 $1,365,
Connection kit $259.

You can run them without a laptop & controller by using the connection kit but it looks like only mono right now. The DMI-2 controller is AC powered so no easy, lightweight field use for now. The DMI-2 handles two channels and has an ID selector on the back sort of like SCSI devices so it may be possible to chain together several units, I haven't read that far yet. You can record with the laptop or just use it as a controller with an outboard recorder or mixing device. "Mixing device" of course means you can run more than a pair of mics but I don't know how that works with the "RCS" controller software. Hopefully they were forward thinking enough for the software to read the ID number of the controller.

They do seem to be progressing with the product line, its not just a "make a few, see how it goes" type thing. You can get six different caps for the stereo set. A figure 8 has been released or isin the works. A mid-side controller has to be in their plans as well.

Right now, this is not only out of my budget range, it doesn't suit my needs. But it is something to keep an eye on for sure.
--
Walter

this>that>the other

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2009, 06:42:57 PM »
BINGO! ?

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/12/18/review_ikey_plus_portable_usb_recorder/

This device records to USB storage devices...

http://www.ikey-audio.com/sell%20sheets/iKEYplus%20sellsheet.pdf

# USB Port (For direct connectivity to supported USB Storage Device)
# Compatible with USB 2.0/1.1/1.0 devices
# Compatible with iPod®
# Records audio to Uncompressed WAV format or MP3 format (w/ selectable bit rate, up to 320kbps)
# Gold plated RCA inputs
# Microphone input with Phantom power (3v)
# Built-in Phono preamp for direct connection of Turntables
# LED Indicator shows memory remaining on target drive
# Soft Carrying case with three different face plates (red, black and silver)
# Battery powered w/ low battery indicator
# DC charger input with DC adapter included for use with rechargeable batteries
# 6-bar VU meter with peak hold and Overload indicator
# 1/8” (3.5mm) Headphone monitor output
# Record volume control
# Reset button
# Requires 4 AA Rechargeable Batteries (Not Included)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 06:57:36 PM by digifish_music »
- What's this knob do?

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2009, 10:02:58 PM »
The iKey was mentioned in reply no.2 by the original poster.  USB output only.  Still no USB input to accept the output from a USB interface, which is what the original post sought.

No banana! :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:06:08 PM by Ozpeter »

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2009, 10:08:46 PM »
The iKey was mentioned in reply no.2 by the original poster.  USB output only.  Still no USB input to accept the output from a USB interface, which is what the original post sought.

No banana! :)

Awwwww DOH!

At least I posted pics.
- What's this knob do?

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2009, 10:22:33 PM »
And very handsome pics they were too.

All interesting explorations of the back roads of recording, though - you can never have too much information!  But I think we're agreed that a device of the kind that the OP had in mind does not exist - yet.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.139 seconds with 63 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com