Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sennheiser?  (Read 9533 times)

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
Re: Sennheiser?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 03:38:43 AM »
The closest Sennheiser to the AT-853 is the ME 34 with MZH 30 hanger and MZC 30 cable.

At higher price is the MKH 8040 with MZL 8003 or MZL 8010 remote cables and MZH 8000 auditorium hanger.

I hope this helps.

Hello John,

Hope I'm not bothering you.
I'm here to learn and I gathered you to be rather nice and knowledgeable so I hope to get the information I need. ;)
You say the closest Senn to the AT-853 is the M 34 B. Checking the link I found that ( sorry about my lack of proper knowledge) about the M 34 B: "element based on legendary KE10 capsule, used in Sennheiser's celebrated MKE 40 lavalier". In this case, why other mics ( like the HLSC 1, Microphone Madness' MKE40 based mic) could not be listed as close to the AT-853?
Thanks in advance for you help  ;)

Very probably they could - but the OP specifically asked for Sennheiser.

Although the HLSC 1 may use a Sennheiser OEM capsule, it is not a Sennheiser in the way the OP asks.

Offline Dede2002

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Sennheiser?
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 10:51:12 AM »
The closest Sennheiser to the AT-853 is the ME 34 with MZH 30 hanger and MZC 30 cable.

At higher price is the MKH 8040 with MZL 8003 or MZL 8010 remote cables and MZH 8000 auditorium hanger.

I hope this helps.

Hello John,

Hope I'm not bothering you.
I'm here to learn and I gathered you to be rather nice and knowledgeable so I hope to get the information I need. ;)
You say the closest Senn to the AT-853 is the M 34 B. Checking the link I found that ( sorry about my lack of proper knowledge) about the M 34 B: "element based on legendary KE10 capsule, used in Sennheiser's celebrated MKE 40 lavalier". In this case, why other mics ( like the HLSC 1, Microphone Madness' MKE40 based mic) could not be listed as close to the AT-853?
Thanks in advance for you help  ;)

Very probably they could - but the OP specifically asked for Sennheiser.

Although the HLSC 1 may use a Sennheiser OEM capsule, it is not a Sennheiser in the way the OP asks.

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, it's not what the OP asked. I was just curious and, as usual, trying to learn a bit more.
Take care and thank you one more time  :coolguy:

Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com