Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Philips 950 CD recorder question  (Read 1464 times)

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Philips 950 CD recorder question
« on: March 12, 2009, 02:10:24 PM »
I've had this burner for several years now and I still have yet to figure out which music CD-Rs it accepts. Some labels (Maxell, TDK, Sony) pick up some of the times, other times it comes back with a disc error. Other times it picks it up but when I stop the recording, the data is lost. I read recently that some of the older Philips burners only accept certain discs. Can anyone recommend which ones? Thanks.

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Philips 950 CD recorder question
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 05:53:33 PM »
Five or six years ago (I think), I bought a Philips CDR-560 deck, which also requires "Music" CD-Rs. I had a lot of trouble with Maxell blanks and ended up calling Philips' consumer support hot line. I was told that they didn't support or recommend Maxell "Music" CD-Rs. So I switched to whatever other brands were available, and almost any other available brand did seem to be much more reliable in that deck.

I think that your deck is from about the same period of time, and it may have similar (or the same) internal components.

--best regards
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

nameloc01

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Philips 950 CD recorder question
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 07:08:29 PM »
Sony makes quality "music cdrs", Walmart and Target have the best deals on these. Fuji also makes "all-purpose cdrs" which work great for stand-alones, a lot of times you can find these at Walgreens and CVS quite cheap..as most people don't shop them for audio supplies making them constantly on sale.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com