Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Windscreen for Croakie mounted mics?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline bigu2fan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Windscreen for Croakie mounted mics?
« on: October 25, 2009, 02:31:33 PM »
Folks:

Does anyone know where I can get some sort of windscreens for a set of Croakies mounted SP-CMC-2 mics I have?

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Re: Windscreen for Croakie mounted mics?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 04:53:18 PM »
I'm not sure how big those mics are or what caps they have, but if they are omni's and around the size of the dpa 4060's I got a pair of cheapy lav windscreens from Radio Shack that worked fine. I usually didn't even need them for omni's. They don't seem to be affected much by wind.

||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • The Dude abides...
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 07:07:17 PM »
I don't understand why croakies would need windscreens?  The mics are mounted up in the croakies, correct, and if so that'll provide you wind protection pretty much.  You could wrap something around that yet again, but if you're trying to st3alth it'd kind of defeat the purpose.

But I may be missing something entirely here...
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline bigu2fan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 08:29:38 PM »
Yes, you are right, the mics are totally encapsulated (completely enclosed in cloth) in the croakies. However, I have taped a couple of outdoor shows where it was kinda windy, and that comes through in places on the recordings. i was just wondering if someone made a special attachment that somehow affixed to the croakies as a windscreen. if not, i suppose i could rig together something to get just a tad of foam in front of the mics.

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • The Dude abides...
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 12:11:04 AM »
Hat.
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com