Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: upgrading to a digital recorder  (Read 5246 times)

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: upgrading to a digital recorder
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 02:48:11 PM »
One last thing (think I said that before but there you go), with the Sony PCM-M10, do you need a battery box or can you go mic in on a low setting? I already have a BB, but it would be nice to just run the mic-in and not worry about the extra gear.

I ran CA-1's > M10 the other day without any problems. So you can. You might want to try both ways to see if you can hear the difference, but the mics will work straight into the recorder.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of band did you record? I vary with my concerts (bluegrass, rock, metal, country) and from what I've gathered in the past, a battery box is a necessity with a rock/metal show.

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Re: upgrading to a digital recorder
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 08:15:30 AM »
One last thing (think I said that before but there you go), with the Sony PCM-M10, do you need a battery box or can you go mic in on a low setting? I already have a BB, but it would be nice to just run the mic-in and not worry about the extra gear.

I ran CA-1's > M10 the other day without any problems. So you can. You might want to try both ways to see if you can hear the difference, but the mics will work straight into the recorder.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of band did you record? I vary with my concerts (bluegrass, rock, metal, country) and from what I've gathered in the past, a battery box is a necessity with a rock/metal show.

Paul McCartney. Ranged from quiet (Paul + Acoustic) to pretty loud rock (Back in the USSR). I was sort of far away. Acoustic numbers sounded okay. Louder numbers could have sounded better, but a lot of that had to due with my location.

I have recorded the CA-1's > Tascam DR-07 (no battery box) and had good results (this was for Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits). Much better seats for Mark Knopfler (50 feet from the right stack with no obstructions).
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com