Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Naiant (or sound proffessionals) IPA vs PFA vs Baby nbox

<< < (4/4)

IMPigpen:

--- Quote from: willndmb on November 13, 2017, 09:26:29 PM ---
--- End quote ---
word is Jon has some personal family stuff taking president right now and thus why he hasn't been as active
[/quote]

Just an FYI, I had placed an order before Jon's emergency and he got back to me pretty quickly to update me on the status.  He sent out my new X-R omni caps and cables about about 3 weeks after I ordered which is about the time it usually takes. 

MBHOTAPER:

--- Quote from: willndmb on November 12, 2017, 08:10:19 AM ---PFA wouldn't work in this case because the m10 doesn't supply phantom power.
If you need two IPA then I feel it isn't worth it and would go bNBox. If you can go with one, then the IPA would be my choice.
I pref gain and line in over mic in

--- End quote ---
Jon got back to me yesterday. Buying a single ipa with a stereo input (tinybox design- TA6F . Also a Y cable for my actives  2 TA4F to TA6M. Using the 2 output version xlr and stereo minijack to run to pcm10.

willndmb:

--- Quote from: MBHOTAPER on November 20, 2017, 06:57:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: willndmb on November 12, 2017, 08:10:19 AM ---PFA wouldn't work in this case because the m10 doesn't supply phantom power.
If you need two IPA then I feel it isn't worth it and would go bNBox. If you can go with one, then the IPA would be my choice.
I pref gain and line in over mic in

--- End quote ---
Jon got back to me yesterday. Buying a single ipa with a stereo input (tinybox design- TA6F . Also a Y cable for my actives  2 TA4F to TA6M. Using the 2 output version xlr and stereo minijack to run to pcm10.

--- End quote ---
nice
That's what I would do then

boa:

--- Quote from: MBHOTAPER on November 20, 2017, 06:57:17 PM ---Jon got back to me yesterday. Buying a single ipa with a stereo input (tinybox design- TA6F . Also a Y cable for my actives  2 TA4F to TA6M. Using the 2 output version xlr and stereo minijack to run to pcm10.

--- End quote ---

What did you decide to go with regarding the gain setting? Jon set my IPA at +18db as I wanted more gain on my NAK300s. I wonder if the variable setting is a better choice..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version