Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Fresno Tapers  (Read 4948 times)

Offline Cleokatrah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • What mouse?
Fresno Tapers
« on: May 24, 2004, 03:01:02 PM »
I'm just curious how many we actually have here... and what your thoughts of taping in the new Savemart Center are. And hello everybody, btw. *noobie wave*

Is anyone taping the Eagles show? I would *kill* for a copy, or at least give several free consumptions of alcohol. I also know several people, including one certain bar owner (say... first&gettysburg) who would give their right arm (or at least their girlfriend's) for a copy of metallica/godsmack.

anyway, I would love to start taping but that's a few months of saving, and of reading (and understanding!) technical jargon so who knows. For now, I'm just gonna go through my measly collection of shows and get back into the trading communtiy. Stupid life, always gettin in the way of things...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 03:11:19 PM by Cleokatrah »

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Fresno Tapers
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 05:38:23 PM »
metallica and godsmack eh?  Would he give me his girlfriend? :P

I'm from fresno, but now live in San Luis Obispo, come back every now and then to tape and visit family of course.  The Savemart Center is ok, nothing special.  The speakers were up high for metallica, and I was down low so I didn't have the best spot to tape from.

Offline Cleokatrah

• Taperssection Regular
  • What mouse?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 05:54:58 PM »
Yeah, I saw you had floor seats ;) And as for giving you his girlfriend, I don't know about that but I do know one guy who's a bit of a player and would gladly hand over a handful of his "admirers" just for the Godsmack alone, LOL. Are there any good recordings out there?

And damnit, is anyone taping the Eagles?

It's too bad you don't live here anymore. I was hoping for someone to help show me the ropes  when /if I ever became ready - to tape shows, get your head out of the gutter :P It'll be a few months as yet, though, so maybe I'll still get lucky. There's gotta be more than one taper in this hellhole, ahem, I mean this lovely place that I dwell.

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 06:10:32 PM »
There's a great Metallica source out there, Schoeps mk41 > lemosax > D100 (sorry if that doesn't mean squat to you)

It was posted on sharingthegroove.org, if yer at all familiar with that site.

There's a taper named Joe from Fresno.  He tapes everything, pretty sure he got metallica and g/s too. The only problem is he doesn't have a computer.

My godsmack and metallica both have annoying distortion on every bass kick, so I have choosen not to transfer them to CD for now.

Don't be afraid to ask questions about taping!  There's tons of info here and people willing to help.

Offline Cleokatrah

• Taperssection Regular
  • What mouse?
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 06:25:47 PM »
I'm not afraid to ask questions. I'll ask them all in due time.. And yep, I'm famaliar with the groove - that place has more music than I have time for, I swear. I'll go post an ISO over there, thanks.

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 06:33:56 PM »
In Fresno born 'n' raised, on a playground is where I spent most of my days. But now I'm schoolin' it up in San Luis. Joe tapes in Fresno and he did indeed get Godsmack with his MD and my spare mics. I got there too late to cover it with the borrowed rig that got a rockin' Metallica that should be easy to get a hold of...

Offline Cleokatrah

• Taperssection Regular
  • What mouse?
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 06:47:38 PM »
*seriously considers booting her husband from the seat next to her*

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 06:51:13 PM »
LOL (<-----I'm really laughing out loud, and not just typing it)

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 07:44:53 PM »
kingsburg! :really_sucks:

have fun in the desert

Offline Cleokatrah

• Taperssection Regular
  • What mouse?
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 08:42:07 PM »
LMAO

The weather so far has been kindly - and uncharacteristically - mild so far. But don't worry, the heat wave will come soon enough and we'll be sizzling bacon out here on the sidewalks wearing our birthday suits and sandals. Barbeque, anyone?

My nail lady lives in Kingsburg. I'd know if her man was a taper, though. Still, small world. And lucky you - you get to escape to the coast for more than half the week. Jealous again. Stop it.

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 09:49:20 PM »
Haha, I LOVE San Luis (save for the music scene)

Offline formengr

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004, 11:31:14 PM »
Wow!  Fresno tapers? I'm in Fresno & was sure I was alone. Imagine my surprise at this thread topic. :)

When something interesting comes this way (won't cost me $100+ a ticket or I can't live without) another Fresno source will rear its head. ;)

And save your $$ & get a rig. You'll wonder why you had never done it before. I'd give you a +t for the thread (and another for the girl tapers), but I don't have enough posts yet.  In due time...
participo ergo sum
evrything in its right place

Offline Cleokatrah

• Taperssection Regular
  • What mouse?
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 12:39:19 PM »
I knew there had to be tapers here ;) Good luck on finding tickets less than that. Savemart Center is under the mistaken impression that people have cash nowadays.

Nice to meet everyone here byw, thanks :)

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 01:20:26 PM »
Wow!  Fresno tapers? I'm in Fresno & was sure I was alone. Imagine my surprise at this thread topic. :)

that's what schwill and i thought when we started in '02.

Offline Rick

• My Recordings
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 03:00:07 PM »

that's what schwill and i thought when we started in '02.

Yea, tiny SLO has at least 4 tapers :)
Retired Taper

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 03:42:31 PM »
and we all rock the same backpack :)

Offline tooldvn

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
  • Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul.
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 04:01:55 PM »
I also know several people, including one certain bar owner (say... first&gettysburg) who would give their right arm (or at least their girlfriend's) for a copy of metallica/godsmack.

If no one comes up with a good tape of the Metallica show, you can pick up thier soundboard of it with cover art etc, etc for 13 bucks...

http://www.livemetallica.com/show.asp?show=9

-dvn
DPA 4061²  &  AKG 61/63

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 11:31:35 PM »
I also know several people, including one certain bar owner (say... first&gettysburg) who would give their right arm (or at least their girlfriend's) for a copy of metallica/godsmack.

If no one comes up with a good tape of the Metallica show

IF?! ;) DVN, I'll l3arn ya if it's the last thing I do. Been done and it's everywhere. A friend did Godsmack, ain't as good nor has it circulated too much.
Cleokatrah will learn soon.
A
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 11:32:08 PM by zhianosatch »

Offline tooldvn

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2004, 12:36:59 AM »

IF?! ;) DVN, I'll l3arn ya if it's the last thing I do. Been done and it's everywhere. A friend did Godsmack, ain't as good nor has it circulated too much.
A

I thought you said you missed the beginning and the stacks were too high?  So therefore its not a complete tape right?  I'm sure its good, what with the schoeps and all, but you gotta give some love to the board man... ;-)

-dvn
DPA 4061²  &  AKG 61/63

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2004, 12:56:58 AM »

A

I thought you said you missed the beginning and the stacks were too high?  So therefore its not a complete tape right?  I'm sure its good, what with the schoeps and all, but you gotta give some love to the board man... ;-)

-dvn

I said that about the stacks and about the godsmack set.

Offline extraordinary machine

• Taperssection Member
  • making the most of it
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2004, 04:38:53 AM »
I don't live in Fresno, but I taped at SaveMart Center once ( John Mayer in Feb '04 ) Weird, very odd venue - security was a joke though. No metal detectors, didn't look at my bags ( or stand ), could pretty much sneak anything in - but once I got to my seat and tried to set up my stuff, the asshole couple in their late 30's next to me and security went balistic. Long story short, I was forced to tear everything down ( and being given some B.S. story about John's security people not allowing stands over shoulder height sitting down ) and "stealth" it - and the couple the ratted me out in the first place still gave me a hard time ( still convinced they wanted me thrown out ) One of the worst taping experiences ever ( along with Mayer in L.A. the next before )
DPA 4061 -> MPS 6020 -> AT CP-8201 -> Creative Nomad Jukebox III

http://db.etree.org/glass_slipper

http://recordingla.blogspot.com

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2004, 04:53:37 AM »
I don't live in Fresno, but I taped at SaveMart Center once ( John Mayer in Feb '04 ) Weird, very odd venue - security was a joke though. No metal detectors, didn't look at my bags ( or stand ), could pretty much sneak anything in - but once I got to my seat and tried to set up my stuff, the asshole couple in their late 30's next to me and security went balistic. Long story short, I was forced to tear everything down ( and being given some B.S. story about John's security people not allowing stands over shoulder height sitting down ) and "stealth" it - and the couple the ratted me out in the first place still gave me a hard time ( still convinced they wanted me thrown out ) One of the worst taping experiences ever ( along with Mayer in L.A. the next before )

oh yeah, fresnisians are some of the stupidest out there.

Offline tooldvn

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2004, 10:11:30 AM »

Gotcha... rock on then ;-)  Be nice to matrix the board with your schoeps for a project if you can get your hands on a copy of the board.
DPA 4061²  &  AKG 61/63

cleantone

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2004, 10:28:19 AM »
Any of you guys have any "Brian Kenney Fresno"?

He lives there and plays there alot. It's a comedic one man band type of show. I'd love to trade for some...

PM me...

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2004, 10:34:22 AM »

Gotcha... rock on then ;-)  Be nice to matrix the board with your schoeps for a project if you can get your hands on a copy of the board.

all the boards from this tour suck!
And I wish they were my schoeps

Offline goose

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2004, 01:14:17 PM »
I just got word that I will likely be traveling to Fresno for work periodically for a good while.  I try to schedule visits when music is happening - and bring my gear.  Hope to hook with some of you in the near future!

Offline formengr

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Fresno Tapers
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2004, 10:16:33 AM »
Prince anyone?
participo ergo sum

Offline formengr

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Fresno Tapers
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2004, 08:55:55 PM »
Prince anyone?
I'm there tomorrow...   :D
participo ergo sum

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.146 seconds with 52 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com