Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Thoughts on the ADK SC-1's?  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
Thoughts on the ADK SC-1's?
« on: June 26, 2004, 03:06:13 PM »
Well the upgrade bug has hit me, after recording ten shows with my giant squid mics I think I need to get full size mics.  I know that the ADK SC-1's are used by some, how do you like them?  My best guess is that they are comparable to AKG C1000's and the Oktavas with the exception of the switchable caps in Oktava's case.  I searched the boards but if anyone has any experience with these as opposed to the AKG C1000's or the MK012 or any other starter mic for that matter i'd love to hear it.

any help is greatly appreciated.
-sanjay
mics & cameras

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Thoughts on the ADK SC-1's?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 10:26:16 AM »
Well the upgrade bug has hit me, after recording ten shows with my giant squid mics I think I need to get full size mics.  I know that the ADK SC-1's are used by some, how do you like them?  My best guess is that they are comparable to AKG C1000's and the Oktavas with the exception of the switchable caps in Oktava's case.  I searched the boards but if anyone has any experience with these as opposed to the AKG C1000's or the MK012 or any other starter mic for that matter i'd love to hear it.

any help is greatly appreciated.
-sanjay
I'd say get the SC-2s for the roll-off and pad.  Someone also mentioned they are the same as a Marshall mic, that is cheaper...  Do a search on ADK SC-1.

Let me know what you find out, I have ADK A51S LEs right now, but I'd love to get some SD mics someday...

Also, look into the Studio Project C4 mics, they get good reviews at Oade.  A friend uses a pair and loves them.

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
Re: Thoughts on the ADK SC-1's?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 10:44:09 AM »
the only reason i asked is because they are on sale at soundprofessionals for 49.99 each. I am actually looking into the akgc1000s that are in the yard sale because you can switch them to hypers ect.
mics & cameras

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com