Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How do I connect the ADK T bar to my stand/clamp?  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Bdifr78

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
How do I connect the ADK T bar to my stand/clamp?
« on: May 26, 2005, 09:28:46 PM »
Ok guys I feel like a real dumb ass but I just got the ADK T bar from Full Compass to replace my shitty bar that came with the SPC4s.  Only thing is that it just has a whole to connect my stand/clamp, and its a huge whole at that.  My bar that I have been using has a whole that is covered by the top of the bar and it has a 5/8" thread whole.  What do I need to connect this to my stand, my super clamp and my mini tripod?  They all have 1/4" threads and I currently use a thread adapter to make them functional.  WTF?

Joe
Neumann KM140s>Bumblebee MIAGI-II XLRs>Lunatec V3>SD722

Offline Bdifr78

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: How do I connect the ADK T bar to my stand/clamp?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 10:37:29 PM »
Ok so once again I feel like a dumbass.  I just measured that "huge whole" and it turns out its the standard 5/8" whole.  My SPC4 mounting bar must be a 3/8" or 1/2".  Do they do 1/2"?  So when I went to the photo store I asked for a 1/4" to 5/8" adapter and they gave me the one that actually worked with my mounting bar.  What amazing dumb luck...

So yeah I need a new adapter.  Probably get a couple. 

I have another question about the ADK bar but I will post it in the mic/set up forum.

Peace
Joe
Neumann KM140s>Bumblebee MIAGI-II XLRs>Lunatec V3>SD722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com