Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MBHO 603a Mic qustion  (Read 1513 times)

Offline johnnyb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
MBHO 603a Mic qustion
« on: August 13, 2005, 06:39:46 PM »
Hi could someone shed any comments on these mics, this mic also comes with a preamp so would that mean i dont need a battery box?  Im using a Sony Dat. the mics would be used for large halls

heres a link the the mics, ty for takin the time to read                    http://www.cascademedia.net/products.asp?catid=120&prodid=695
R9 Dpa 4061 Hebs-CA Cards-CA 9100 Preamp

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: MBHO 603a Mic qustion
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 07:01:22 PM »
the preamp is just the mic body, you would still need 48v phantom power for these mics.

You can get a preamp like the Sound Devices MP-2, or a Lunatec V2 to power the mics and provide you with gain and then run line into the DAT

or you could just buy a 48v phantpm power box like the Denecke PS2 to power the mics and then run mic in or line in to the DAT. To do this succesfully you may need to get a pair of line transformers to provide you with enough gain to run line in - check the archive for suggested models of line transformers. this is your cheapest solution though..
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline johnnyb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 07:16:09 PM »
Thanks Tim, ive been reading alot of pros and cons on these mics and im so gratful for these forums, thanks again
R9 Dpa 4061 Hebs-CA Cards-CA 9100 Preamp

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 06:08:00 PM »
no problem, glad to help
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com