Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: taper/filmier lists?  (Read 8410 times)

Offline mnm6677

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
taper/filmier lists?
« on: March 16, 2006, 06:47:10 PM »
Hello fellow filmiers I was wondering if anyone knows of list that has the names and cities of filmiers? I know this might be a long shot but figured it was worth a shot to find a few other filmiers. Thanks

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: taper/filmier lists?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 03:14:21 AM »
Hello fellow filmers I was wondering if anyone knows of a list that has the names and cities of filmers? I know this might be a long shot but figured it was worth a shot to find a few other filmers. Thanks
If you're a filmer - certainly you know that most filmers like to keep a low profile and the last thing they want to see is a list that includes their name and the city in which they film.  I think the best way to make connections with filmers is to film some nice shows ~ and much like the baseball field in "Field of Dreams" ....they will come (to you).
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline Elvis Hitler

• Taperssection Member
    • Video & Audio List
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 05:36:18 PM »
I wouldn't mind being on a filmer's list, since 99% of the bands I tape are video friendly anyway.   Stealth filming got old real fast, I'm more interested in producing multi-camera edits of club shows than sneaking a camera into an arena to get a distant, shaky video with security ducks and bad sound.

spearheadtaper

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 03:40:42 AM »
Hello fellow filmers I was wondering if anyone knows of a list that has the names and cities of filmers? I know this might be a long shot but figured it was worth a shot to find a few other filmers. Thanks
If you're a filmer - certainly you know that most filmers like to keep a low profile and the last thing they want to see is a list that includes their name and the city in which they film.  I think the best way to make connections with filmers is to film some nice shows ~ and much like the baseball field in "Field of Dreams" ....they will come (to you).

exactly...couldn't have said it better myself

Offline ChrisF

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 04:34:06 PM »
I wouldn't mind being on a filmer's list, since 99% of the bands I tape are video friendly anyway.   Stealth filming got old real fast, I'm more interested in producing multi-camera edits of club shows than sneaking a camera into an arena to get a distant, shaky video with security ducks and bad sound.

same here.

i film the breakfast and i can always use help. i have run up to 7 cameras while recording 32 channels of audio in protools. i have put some of my videos on the tradersden, so my contact info is already available anyway. i wouldnt mind being on a list for helping out other people if they help me sometimes, because when i do a big project i usually go overboard and need as many people as i can get to help out with things.

Offline BuddyGoodness

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 06:21:50 PM »
I film taper friendly bands around Iowa and surrounding states.  I only have a Sony HC1 though.

Offline pjb

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 05:58:54 PM »
i film the download festival in england  (10-june) this year

Offline Yahoo! Serious

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 05:16:50 AM »

Thats what I was thinking!
I went more "legit" a while back

Offline HASHTHRASH

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 06:16:31 PM »

Exactly, I'm in the same boat.  Most of the bands I like and tape play in smaller venues, and don't have a problem with taping.  I like doing 2,3, and 4 camera shoots also, as opposed to sneaky shaky stealth shots.  I've done multi-cam shoots of Mastodon, High On Fire, Municipal Waste, Pelican, Ludicra, Graves At Sea, Demilich, Sulaco, Conifer, Machetazo, Mammatus, Saviours, The Sword, Big Business, Priestess, Buried Inside, Tragedy and a bunch more.  I'd rather do nice videos on nice gear as opposed to risking my gear being taken by security. 

And I wouldn't have anything opposed to being on a list of videotapers. It's not like I don't already broadcast what I do via torrents and YouTube. 

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 12:31:53 AM »
I shoot video at times in the SF Bay Area, and when I am given permission I post it to my music blog listed in my sig below...
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 06:03:32 PM »

deftinitely agree.  at the end of the day, do you really want to watch a distant, shaky stealth shot or a nice, upclose shot multi-cam?

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 11:28:57 PM »

deftinitely agree.  at the end of the day, do you really want to watch a distant, shaky stealth shot or a nice, upclose shot multi-cam?
Contrary to popular belief - not all stealth shot shows are distant and/or shaky.  There are some guys out there who shoot stealth vids that look better than permission filmed shows.  Only because you've got permission doesn't magically make you a good filmer - it takes skill and some people have a knack for it and some don't.

And if a stealth shot is all that you'll ever be able to get of your favorite band - you've got two options: the stealth shot or nothing.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 11:46:37 PM »

same here.

i film the breakfast and i can always use help. i have run up to 7 cameras while recording 32 channels of audio in protools. i have put some of my videos on the tradersden, so my contact info is already available anyway. i wouldnt mind being on a list for helping out other people if they help me sometimes, because when i do a big project i usually go overboard and need as many people as i can get to help out with things.

Hey there Chris,  good to see you around these parts!  This is Kris D from middletown.  We've worked a pencilgrass show or two together as well as the Breakfast.  Let me know via PM or email if you ever want a hand.  I just did a pgrass show with Matt that is my first experience at the editing end of the game, rather than just helping you guys with cameras and audio...  lotta work, but I don't have to tell you.

Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 01:46:33 PM »

Contrary to popular belief - not all stealth shot shows are distant and/or shaky.  There are some guys out there who shoot stealth vids that look better than permission filmed shows.  Only because you've got permission doesn't magically make you a good filmer - it takes skill and some people have a knack for it and some don't.

And if a stealth shot is all that you'll ever be able to get of your favorite band - you've got two options: the stealth shot or nothing.

those people are few are far between.  i will agree on your second point.  there are some people out there that can't hold a cam still to save their life.

if it really did come down to stealth or nothing... well theres always audio.

Offline printguy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Rockin' in Toronto
    • hipfans.com
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 03:14:17 PM »
I do video in and around Toronto... and just about anywhere that Sam Roberts or The Tragically Hip are playing. I just got back from taping 5 Hip shows in Europe with a team of 7 other tapers.
• CA-11 or CA-14 > Naiant TinyBox > Tascam DR-1
• Neumann KM184s > R-44

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com