Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SP-PEN2- stereo pen microphone - newbie question  (Read 1450 times)

Offline gilliganjohnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
SP-PEN2- stereo pen microphone - newbie question
« on: October 11, 2006, 11:19:15 PM »
Hello folks,
I'm new to your forum - it looks like a good one to explore. I'm interested in stealth taping and I can't spend a ton of money.  The bic pen microphones (SP-P sounded better than the other similar mics.  I like how the high-mids are warmer and present in the pink floyd sample at their website.  Although, When I ran sound for my wife's band, I was forever accused of cutting out too many high-mids.  That is where music can get real ugly real fast. Any way, Has anyone used these mics, any thoughts.  $70 bucks seems like a fair price if its a good mic.  I would get the battery pack with in-line volume control, I think.  I haven't purchased a recorder yet.  Is there a consensus on the pick of the litter>  The Edirol 09, if it is what it says it is, would also be fair price.  Bob is in town in a few weeks and I have a seat in row 35.  Who Knows?  I look forward to exploring your archives here.  Thanks
Brian

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: SP-PEN2- stereo pen microphone - newbie question
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 12:11:34 AM »
Hello folks,
I'm new to your forum - it looks like a good one to explore. I'm interested in stealth taping and I can't spend a ton of money.  The bic pen microphones (SP-P sounded better than the other similar mics.  I like how the high-mids are warmer and present in the pink floyd sample at their website.  Although, When I ran sound for my wife's band, I was forever accused of cutting out too many high-mids.  That is where music can get real ugly real fast. Any way, Has anyone used these mics, any thoughts.  $70 bucks seems like a fair price if its a good mic.  I would get the battery pack with in-line volume control, I think.  I haven't purchased a recorder yet.  Is there a consensus on the pick of the litter>  The Edirol 09, if it is what it says it is, would also be fair price.  Bob is in town in a few weeks and I have a seat in row 35.  Who Knows?  I look forward to exploring your archives here.  Thanks
Brian

Bic pen mics? Well I don't think I would want to use a pen mic to record concerts. I would rather use a set of stealth cardioids or omni mics depending on where you were recording, and what you were recording. Do you have a picture of this mic? or a link so I can look at it.

Chris Church
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: SP-PEN2- stereo pen microphone - newbie question
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:45:06 AM »
I'm interested in stealth taping and I can't spend a ton of money

This is not a stealth recording forum...  Be careful, there is a certain moderator here that will split your nuts off the side of your head....
Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com