Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: preventing vibrations when using a tripod  (Read 2548 times)

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
preventing vibrations when using a tripod
« on: January 15, 2007, 05:56:21 PM »
Hey! I am pretty new to camera use. I had shot some , video8, 8mm, and hi8 concert footage in the 90's. I just got 1080i HDV. I will now be taking it a bit more seriously of course. I shot some Slip stuff with a tripod on the NYE run. I had a date and didn't put too much effort into shooting this night. I did hand held the night before. Anyway some bass bombs shook the camera. Anyone have suggestions to avoid this for the future. I have thought about the tripod foam that comes in the (gimmick) Auralex Xpanders package. Haven't checked to see how they will fit on my tripod yet though. Seems like it could help but might not at all at the same time. I picked up a Platnum Plus 7500 from best buy. I needed it that day and it was the best one in the store. $80 I think.
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline beefstew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: preventing vibrations when using a tripod
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »
Does your cam have an Image Stablilization option?
*Audio*
Mics:
SP-CMC-19
Panasonic WM61a

Recorders:
MZ-RH910 (Hi-MD)
Sony TC-WE435 (CASS)

*Video*
Canon ZR-500 [Mini DV]
54" Tripod

I spend most of my money on gambling, booze, and women. The rest i spend foolishly.

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 06:26:02 PM »
Yes it does. I have it always on as it works really well. Just for this big bass issue it doesn't seem to do too much. Though of course I didn't shut it off to see how bad it would be without it.
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

cshepherd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 06:30:30 PM »
I've found that Vibrapods do a good job with handling vibrations under mic stands, especially indoors where everything vibrates.  We have them in stock.  Four packs are $25 with free usps shipping. 

Chris

Offline fanofthemule

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 01:06:05 AM »
I had this same problem at the venue I do a lot of filming at.  The floor is wooden and has a lot of give.  I ended up buying some foam flotation inserts from the local dive shop.  I glued two of them together so the thickness is now about 1.5 inches.  It has eliminated the problem.  And I also have the same tripod you have, I have one 7500 and one 7575.
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com