Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Suggestions Needed for Stealth Multicam Setup  (Read 2592 times)

Offline TheMaestro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Suggestions Needed for Stealth Multicam Setup
« on: January 25, 2007, 11:47:48 PM »
*edit*
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 01:20:13 AM by TheMaestro »
Venue Security: Let me see your identification.
TheMaestro: [with a small wave of his hand] You don't need to see his identification.
Venue Security: We don't need to see his identification.
TheMaestro: This isn't the recording equipment you're looking for.
Venue Security: This isn't the recording equipment we're looking for.
TheMaestro: He can go about his business.
Venue Security: You can go about your business.
TheMaestro: Move along.
Venue Security: Move along... move along.

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
i kinda sounds like you want to run audio and video at the same time.  in a stealth situation, i'd say if you're gonna put togethor a team of that size, just have a guy doing just audio (maybe someone who knows what they're doing).

good luck.  this sounds like something out of a spy movie... ;D

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
If you've got five cams, having three up in front of the stage (especially in a venue this size) would be a waste.  It's not likely they're going to get that great of a shot because that's the area to which security pays the most attention, and the fans will be knocking you around.

I've coordinated multi-cam stealth shots like this before.  I'd do it this way:

1.  one cam up front (and hope the guy can get a decent shot and not get busted)
2.  two cams - one cam on each side of the stage (left/right - located somewhere around where the second pic from the top in your diagram was taken)
3.  one in the back taking a static stage shot - get the full stage and just let the camera run.
4.  one in the back taking a static shot of the big screen - zoom in to fill the screen - and then just let the camera run.

If someone is going to record audio, it should be one of the two guys in the back because they won't have their hands full with a camera.

Make sure everyone knows how to adjust the exposure on the cams - over-exposure will kill a good shot.

Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline BlackLab

• Taperssection Regular
to help synching video sources later - have one person use a camera flash near the front or soemthing visible to all 5 sources at the very beginning

good luck

Offline wilsonedits

• Taperssection Regular
to help synching video sources later - have one person use a camera flash near the front or soemthing visible to all 5 sources at the very beginning

good luck

thats not nesscary at all... and not a good idea if you are stealthing.... also not a good idea to post floor plans on an internet message board
P2 yo

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com