Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Suggestions for video stealth?  (Read 2642 times)

Offline mcbg1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Suggestions for video stealth?
« on: February 21, 2007, 12:16:09 AM »
I'm going to a concert in a small theater (maybe 1000 seats) in a few weeks and I'm looking to get a great video camera to film the show, any recommendations? I guess I would need something small that I can easily hide. Price isn't an issue since I'll probably just return it after the concert. It has to be from that store though: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/class.asp?logon=&langid=EN&catid=1041

If that can help, I'll be in the 15th-ish row on the far right side on the floor. I also heard there will be a lot of white in the design of the stage.

Thanks!

Offline greatape

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • www.youtube.com/GreatTapes
Re: Suggestions for video stealth?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 04:17:08 PM »
Canon Elura 100 is very tiny and the battery can last up to a couple hours or so.  The internal mic stinks though.

The 3CCD Panasonics are really nice and the internal mics sound decent.  Much more expensive than the Elura though.
My Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/GreatTapes

Audio:
Church Audio STC11 Cardioids>ST9000>Tascam Dr2d

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Suggestions for video stealth?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 10:55:10 PM »
I guess I would need something small that I can easily hide.
I'll be in the 15th-ish row on the far right side on the floor.
Hmm... I've videotaped a lot of shows... this does not sound like it's going to be an easy one to pull off. 

As far as "hiding" the cam, you need to be able to hide it while getting in the door to the venue (very easy), and you need to be able to hide it from view while you're using it (not so easy).

It goes without saying that you can't hold the cam up to your face when filming.  And from the 15th row, unless there is a steep slope to the stage from where you'll be sitting (which I kind of doubt), you're going to have a really tough time, unless security is just non-existent at this place.

If you have a few a friends with you at the show, use them to help you hide the cam from view. 

You might want to check this thread I started a while back about tripods and monopods.  That Hakuba monopod might be just the ticket for you:  http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,78399.0.html
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com