Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Upgrading from Giant Squid omnis  (Read 1505 times)

Offline nasarius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Upgrading from Giant Squid omnis
« on: July 01, 2007, 01:40:51 PM »
I love my Giant Squids (see samples), but I've been wondering if I can find something better for a reasonable price. Say $100-150 max for just the mics. I have no interest in cardioids, so I'm only looking for omnis. The new Church Audio omnis are an option, I suppose, but I have yet to hear them in action. Maybe the Sound Pros SP-BMC-12.

Anyway, if you can recommend some good omnis in that price range, let me know. Bonus points if you've done a direct comparison with the Giant Squids, or anything using Panasonic WM-61A capsules.
[sample] Giant Squid omnis > custom battery box (.068uF bass rolloff) > JB3

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Upgrading from Giant Squid omnis
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 03:14:33 PM »
Well, Church has a great reputation on this board and will help you individually.  From everything I've heard and seen Chris Church is very serious about the fact that if he's going to take the time and effort to make a product he's going to do it right and not cut corners.  I have a pair of the cardioids and they're great mics.

With that said, I've also dealt with SP on a couple purchases and their customer service was great.  Personally, I think either way you'd make a good purchase and support some good people.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com