Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: windscreen options for the akg c422..?  (Read 1447 times)

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
windscreen options for the akg c422..?
« on: September 28, 2007, 08:33:27 PM »
the mic came with the standard, fitted foam one, and i believe i have always used the mic indoors, with the windscreen on. i am not sure if this colours the sound much, but i do know i always ran the hebs without a screen, and could tell the difference (and didnt wish to run with the foam screens); i could hear hair brush across the grills, and i am sure the hair also served as some sort of screen. anyway, i was thinking about the c422 (i was just relating previous experience)...

i am pretty sure that i want to always have some protection/screen over the mic when recording in the field. also, i feel that, at some point in time, the foam is gonna sh*t the bed (via either old age or user error). thus, i will need to replace what i have eventually, so i might as well consider the sonic advantages of an alternative to the stock, foam screen i am using now. and if there is a compelling sonic advantage (to an alternative), i might just buy the thing now. i am open to pretty much anything, and since i have spent enough on the mic, and the gear, and mount, etc. that i suppose i am not afraid of cost  ::)  i really am looking for the best sounding screen-esque protection for my mic - both for indoor settings and for outdoor use (two solutions would be fine, too, as long as there is a sonic reason for the extravagance)...

thanks for reading - i appreciate any input or insight y'all might have to offer.

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

J.T.L

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: windscreen options for the akg c422..?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »
I was just thinking about this, when I ordered 2 new ones from AKG they looked/felt new but were shedding on the inside so after a good rubdown and slight vacuuming I put 1 layer of pantyhose inbetween the mic and screen but I still feel like I need something different. +T for the thread...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com