Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: File recovery from SanDisk SDHC  (Read 2522 times)

Offline shakescky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
File recovery from SanDisk SDHC
« on: March 17, 2014, 02:31:14 PM »
hello,

first time poster looking for some possible assistance with a mishap (and slight lack of judgment).

i was busted the other night recording at irving plaza. not even an AAA pass from the band i was seeing perform and approval from tour manager was good enough for them despite the first night at irving plaza i was busted, showed the pass and given the o.k. i was forced to delete my recording via edirol r09hr's format option in front of security. i continued recording the encore for the hell of it. i searched the forums earlier in the day to find some recovery programs that did not pull up what i was looking for at the time. i decided to use Recuva, which pulled up many deleted audio files from last year and also what i feel might be the two files i was forced to delete on the spot during the gig.

i have attached a file that shows my current situation: two files with an unknown random character file type. i tried renaming the extension to .wav, but no dice on importing to cdwav. the recorder is always set to 24/96 in case you're wondering the file recording settings.

thank you for any help you may have right now. i currently still on the road, so i will check in from time to time when i have internet access.

thank you for such an awesome site.

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: File recovery from SanDisk SDHC
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 10:13:12 PM »
I wish you all the luck but after formating you should not have recorded anything else or done anything more to the card maybe there is still hope but usually thats not good to record more after formating.

Offline tedyun

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 01:54:06 PM »
I agree with beatkilla that because you recorded after formatting, the possibility of recovering the files diminishes.

I have tried R-tools R-Undelete before with great success on disks that have failed. On an accidentally formatted flash card, it was able to recover about 99% of the files. It seems to be able to recover things that other programs can't find.

http://www.r-undelete.com/

hello,

first time poster looking for some possible assistance with a mishap (and slight lack of judgment).

i was busted the other night recording at irving plaza. not even an AAA pass from the band i was seeing perform and approval from tour manager was good enough for them despite the first night at irving plaza i was busted, showed the pass and given the o.k. i was forced to delete my recording via edirol r09hr's format option in front of security. i continued recording the encore for the hell of it. i searched the forums earlier in the day to find some recovery programs that did not pull up what i was looking for at the time. i decided to use Recuva, which pulled up many deleted audio files from last year and also what i feel might be the two files i was forced to delete on the spot during the gig.

i have attached a file that shows my current situation: two files with an unknown random character file type. i tried renaming the extension to .wav, but no dice on importing to cdwav. the recorder is always set to 24/96 in case you're wondering the file recording settings.

thank you for any help you may have right now. i currently still on the road, so i will check in from time to time when i have internet access.

thank you for such an awesome site.
Mics: B&K 4011, Schoeps MK5 (Nbobs, Naiant PFA), Busman BSC-1 (K11/K21/K31/K41 caps), Church CA-14 (o, c), Church CAFS, Core Sound Binaurals
Pre: EAA PSP-2,  Lunatec V3, Nbox-Platinum, Church CA-9200
ADC: Mytek 192 ADC, Oade Mod SBM-1
Rec: Oade Supermod PMD-661, Tascam DR60D, M-Audio MicroTrack II, Korg MR-1 (32GB SSD mod); Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R09HR; iRiver HP-120
Photo: Canon 5D3, Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8, Canon EF 35mm f1.4L Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L MkI, Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS MkI, Canon EF 50 mm f1.4, Canon EF 50 f1.2L, Canon EF 300 f/4L IS, Canon EF 100-400 f4-5.6L IS MkI
Video: Canon HF100

Offline tooldvn

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 02:08:40 PM »
hello,

i was busted the other night recording at irving plaza. not even an AAA pass from the band i was seeing perform and approval from tour manager was good enough for them despite the first night at irving plaza i was busted, showed the pass and given the o.k.

How were you busted?  Not one, but 2 nights?  I've found a bunch of the NYC clubs want you to pay them $500 or more to record there.  The Mercury Lounge tried that on me once (full permission & pass from the band), so I just took down my stand & gear, then stealthed as a backup.  Shitty room anyway, can't believe they wanted to charge.
DPA 4061²  &  AKG 61/63

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com