Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

CEntrance R4R Compact Recorder/Interface

<< < (2/5) > >>

justme:
Using an attached AA-sled as power backup to a USB-C power bank as primary works great.
Also remember that you can connect an iOS device to the mixpre-series and use the iOS as a secondary recording device. Mostly depending on how you set it up although you will lose the possibility use a midi control surface.

Niels:
I have been eyeballing that R4R as well for similar reasons and with similar concerns. I can't wait to hear more reports from actual use.
I am looking for something compact self-contained w XLR and was for a brief moment thinking Sony PCM D10 would fit the bill until I realised how big it was, very un-Sony-like.
The Mix-pre 3 is tempting but with a battery sled it grows, so I'll probably wait to se the specs of the new Zoom F6 before I make a decision.

goodcooker:

I couldn't live without a screen showing me the levels and other info and having to use a phone to do it would drive me nuts.

Take a look at the Tascam DR100. It has what you need and is the size you are looking for.

dallman:
I have the R4R and it is a great deck. Super easy to use with excellent preamps. Rock solid metal construction. The lack of a screen is not an issue for me at all as the levels are super easy to set, but some people need the meters. You can get the meters on your phone, but I have not even tried that.

dogmusic:

--- Quote from: dallman on April 20, 2019, 01:26:41 PM ---I have the R4R and it is a great deck. Super easy to use with excellent preamps. Rock solid metal construction. The lack of a screen is not an issue for me at all as the levels are super easy to set, but some people need the meters. You can get the meters on your phone, but I have not even tried that.

--- End quote ---

I'm very interested in this machine. How would you compare them with the MixPre 6 preamps?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version