Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: tascam hd-p2 and transcend problem  (Read 1661 times)

Offline panther65

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
tascam hd-p2 and transcend problem
« on: January 05, 2007, 11:26:23 PM »
I just had my first problem with my Tascam HD-P2 and the Transcend 8gb cf card. Got a drop-out and some digital noise during about a five minute section towards the end of the NRPS Bearsville show while taping in 24/96. Not sure if this was due a problem with the soundboard (plugged into a patchbay with xlr cables), my cf card, or the deck. Anyone else have this problem with the same config?
Also, I tried to eject the card and the button to the left of the slot is depressed already, and I'm unable to eject it. Anyone else with this problem?
Schoeps MK4>KCY250/5I>Schoeps VMS 5 U>Tascam HD-P2

Offline bluewingolive

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Sample & Hold
Re: tascam hd-p2 and transcend problem
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 07:11:40 PM »
I run a PQI, but no problems so far.  I do have the same issue with card release.....I just give it a pull (the card ::)) while wiggling the the button.  Works fine.

Offline panther65

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: tascam hd-p2 and transcend problem
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 07:43:57 PM »
I just figured out how to eject the cf card. You have to grab the leftmost part of the eject button/bar and lift it up and out, and then you can depress the button and eject the card. There should be info in the manual how to do this, but I never saw anything.
I'm thinking/hoping the digi noise and dropouts were a result of the board feed and not my equipment.
Here is the link to the NRPS show.
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=503148
Schoeps MK4>KCY250/5I>Schoeps VMS 5 U>Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com