Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mme>usb questions (drivers, software, etc...)  (Read 1397 times)

Offline baustin

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
mme>usb questions (drivers, software, etc...)
« on: March 19, 2005, 01:02:28 PM »
yes, i know i should get a vx pocket or SD 7xx, but this is what i have right now, so...

i finally got a laptop about a month ago... dell 700m, 1.8 GHz Centrino, 1 gig of ram, should be fast enough for 24/48, right?

using wavelab 5.0... latest apogee mme drivers 2.50

what i have been doing is powering up mme with usb already plugged into powered DOWN computer...

power computer up, open wavelab... i've a few options to choose from as far as audio card... the 2 that i believe i should be looking at are the 'apogee usb asio driver' and then something similar to 'MME-WDM asio driver on usb'... i don't have the apogee plugged in right now and this driver does not appear unless the apogee is hooked and powered up... (on a sidenote, all of the audio card options except the apogee driver start with: 'MME-WDM...', so i believe these are windows drivers?)

what i have found when using the 'apogee usb asio driver':
-i get clicks and pops occasionally
-wavelab's bit meter only shows 16 bit when i have started a 24 bit file

when using the 'MME-WDM asio driver on usb':
-i have not noticed andy clicks or pops as of yet
-wavelab's bit meter shows 24 bit when i have started a 24 bit file

i spoke with apogee and they said i should be able to use either of the drivers, but they should funtion the same. i have not found this to be the case. so far, i have found the 2nd driver to be more reliable.

with that being said, i went down to moe in atl and taped all 4 nights on my laptop 24/48. i think i used the apogee drivers the first 2 nights and the 'mme-wdm asio driver' the second 2 nights... there are audible clicks, pops, and skips the first 2 nights, but the second 2 nights seem to be perfect. thank god we ran dat backups everynight! ;)

any input, advice, comments, questions would be greatly appreciated!

thanx,
-ba

Offline baustin

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: mme>usb questions (drivers, software, etc...)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 01:40:26 PM »
ok,

so i think i may have solved my little problem here. i really am an idiot...

just noticed the control panel option when the apogee usb drivers are selected. switched the settings to 24/48.

also switched the application priority and system perfomance to high and highspeed. good or bad?

my buffer is preset at 16, i boosted that to its highest setting of 64. good or bad?

if any of ya'll can elaborate on any of this i'd be very appreciative!

-ba

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: mme>usb questions (drivers, software, etc...)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 01:49:34 PM »
I always try to use ASIO drivers when I can.  But if the WDM drivers work better, then so be it.  Lager buffers are fine, as long as you're not overdubbing stuff in a multitrack enviroment.
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com