Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: In Wall Speaker Wiring  (Read 5218 times)

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
Re: In Wall Speaker Wiring
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 05:40:01 PM »
you think i can use reg speaker wire when finishing the basement if:
i have access to the 2x4 frames > drill holes > run pvc piping?

phil, if you're going to commit to the speaker locations, then there's no reason to run conduit, imo.  i'd run conduit to the main system and/or outside for future use, and from the equipment area to the display device.  for your basement system, 16-14g cl3 wire should be sufficient.  stay at least 1ft away from paralell AC runs and cross them at 90° when possible.  leave enough length for service loops and mark all cables.  if you know where you want to put the speakers, get pre-construction brackets, then the speakers can go right up later, with no hunting arounf and drywall dust to deal with.

thanks john-
my g/f got a great quote from the builders her company uses of $130 to install all the cable including tv/internet into the basement.  i figure that may cost almost as much as the pvc/conduit.
i'll have to see if that includes material tho. 
i can't decide yet if i want to mount the rear speakers or put them on stands.  the front speakers will def be on stands...
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2005, 08:57:52 PM »
wow, cheap!  a good way to deal with the rears if you're still undecided is to wire them through the top position on the way to the box for stands.  at the potential top position, staple the wire from stub to stub a couple of times in a continuos 'Z' then terminate down below for potential stand placement.  now you know which studbay they're in and you can always find them with a tone generator later.
we all live downstream.

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 06:44:55 PM »
here's what my $130 got me for a surround setup....this is super easy to do no doubt about it, but for $130 it seemed like a great deal.

The wall plate to connect everything to is very cool.

"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.347 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com