Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Upload not actually uploading  (Read 1350 times)

Offline J.Maye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Formerly Phan2001
Upload not actually uploading
« on: December 11, 2006, 01:39:42 PM »
I have posted about 5 shows successfully at COTAPERS.ORG and now Im having a problem with my latest one. The Wayword sons 11-18 show, http://cotapers.org/torrents.php?PHPSESSID=5312d75a73c70256ecb403ff1f843523. I tracked/flaced/made torrent/started seeding/created the torrent on COTAPERS. I show up as a seeder and I have downloaders, but Im not giving out the download. I did re-launch the torrent from CO tapers but it didn’t seem to make a difference. I upped a small amount at some point during the night, 20mb.
Now Im not showing up as a seeder, but something may have gone off-line at home and I wont be able to check/fix anything until I get off work at 5. I followed the same process I always have for uploads. This is the 1st torrent I have upped since switching from Earthlink to Quest. I noticed a huge reduction in speed when I made the switch, but I should still be able to get this show out. I don’t have a router and I turned off my firewall on my PC. Is there anything else I should check?  It says I may be Nattd? Im running XP with a pretty simple setup. 

If it makes a difference, I installed the new BT client, didn’t like it as much, so I re-installed the old version. I don’t think that should be a problem though.   

Anyone have any idea why Im not uploading?

If I cant get it fixed I am going to pull the torrent and let someone else upload it.
AKG CK91/92/93/94>mk93/h98>se300b>BM2P+ua5>M10
Or
CA ST11 (C,O)>9100>M10
Busman T mod R4

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
Re: Upload not actually uploading
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 07:18:55 PM »
It is possible that your isp is mucking with things.  My comcast started acting funny with p2p. I enabled encryption in azureus and that seems to have helped somewhat.

Keep that firewall up!

Offline J.Maye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Formerly Phan2001
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 10:35:38 PM »
Well, I re-set everything again and it's uploading about 30kb's. Im going to let it go and when the seed dies I'll figure it out.

I reset everything several times before and it didnt help, then this last time it worked.  ???
AKG CK91/92/93/94>mk93/h98>se300b>BM2P+ua5>M10
Or
CA ST11 (C,O)>9100>M10
Busman T mod R4

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 09:39:20 AM »
I found with comcast that shutting down for a while sometimes helps... My wild guess is that whatever impacts the traffic backs off briefly but eventually comes back.

I found I could download a show and seed it while downloading.. but when the download would complete, I'd be unable to seed. That doesn't really let you maintain your ratios.  But with encryption things seem much better.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com