Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CSB crapped out? Help!  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Aladar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
CSB crapped out? Help!
« on: October 29, 2010, 12:06:49 AM »
So, I've took out my CSBs first time in over half a year.. just to find out one mic doesn't work. Or, to be specific, it works, but WAY too quieter than the other one.
Now, I've had a problem with this before, but only replugging the set worked - not this time. Any idea what it can be? I don't want to have my recordings only one channel, and the most important gig of the year is just tommorow..

also, because I don't want to crosspost, is there anything I can do with this recording? I know that I obviously can't make a stereo recording out of it, but can I somehow make it at least mono?
Thanks.

Offline darktrain

• Trade Count: (715)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Whats next?
Re: CSB crapped out? Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 12:36:44 AM »
So, I've took out my CSBs first time in over half a year.. just to find out one mic doesn't work. Or, to be specific, it works, but WAY too quieter than the other one.
Now, I've had a problem with this before, but only replugging the set worked - not this time. Any idea what it can be? I don't want to have my recordings only one channel, and the most important gig of the year is just tommorow..

also, because I don't want to crosspost, is there anything I can do with this recording? I know that I obviously can't make a stereo recording out of it, but can I somehow make it at least mono?
Thanks.

does this set have the battery box? I got a set once and one of the solder points in the battery box had broke but the problem there was the channel was dropping in and out, does the channel drop out or is it just quieter all the time, if its quieter all the time i would have to say it may be a bad cap, if its dropping out then check inside the bb fo a lose connection

Offline Aladar

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 12:48:53 AM »

Thanks.

It's quieter all the time..
I didn't try to change the battery yet, I'm sure it won't be the problem, but, better try everything.. :)
The last time it did, I just replugged it and it was fine..
does this set have the battery box? I got a set once and one of the solder points in the battery box had broke but the problem there was the channel was dropping in and out, does the channel drop out or is it just quieter all the time, if its quieter all the time i would have to say it may be a bad cap, if its dropping out then check inside the bb fo a lose connection

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 01:51:09 AM »

Thanks.

Send the mics to me I will look at them for you. Or talk to Len he might fix them for free?
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 02:33:06 AM »
Don't be so sure, Aladar.  It could easily be the battery.  I had a similar outcome due to a bad battery.  Hopefully that's your issue.
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com