Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 1566 times)

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
Need some help
« on: September 28, 2004, 09:54:00 PM »
I am takeing out my new rig this week end and need some help seting the switchable -10dB pad/High Pass Filter on the side of my SP c4 mic's. I am useing them with a ua-5 into a powerbook G4 at 16bit  ,44.1. The show I am going to tape is Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brain's and one more think witch would you use the Omni or the Cardioid. Tell me if I was worg going with the Cardioid in a small club. I would be very grateful for any help I could get.

-Brian
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Need some help
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 10:09:08 PM »
I don't know the specs on your mics so it's hard for me to say on whether or not to use the -10db pad... I doubt you need it but I can't say for sure.

As for the rolloff... well with omni's you might want to use, thought with cardioids I wouldn't bother unless the shows was *very* bass heavy (rattling your ribs and innards)

What patterns do your mics have?

I like omni's in situations where the recording environment is damn near perfect, quite crowd, good sounding room, nice pa.... In those situations omni's are my favorite, but unfortunately those situations are few and far between. So I'd save the omni's for close to ideal situations.

hope that helps a little...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com