Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtracker firmware 1.4.5 released  (Read 14242 times)

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
Re: Microtracker firmware 1.4.5 released
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2007, 10:09:58 AM »
Nothing has changed with this update relevant to the merters working with the spdif input to the MT 24/96  I have the same set up and it has worked correctly on previous releases without problems.  The Mic 2496 lights are much faster repsonse than the meters on the recorder and allow you to accurately set a -12.5 db level and forget looking at the meters after that!  I am recording exclusively at 24/96 so using the -12.5 db level provides substantial headroom so that over saturation is not an issue.  The levels indicated on the Microtrack recorder seem to correspond well with the LED lights on the Mic 2496 as well.

I agree, and mostly I am now using mt MT as a little portable recorder, using a various mics into a battery box that accepts the 1/8 jack on many mics, uses the MT's TRS jacks and sits atop the unit. I have always thought the meters were ok, but slow, (it took some time to understand them and what they are trying to communicate) but the leds were right on and I can record hot without distortion. The unit is pretty forgiving too, so it is ok to see them glow red occasionally. I do not think anything changed on this firmware upgrade regarding the meters. The biggest difference I noticed was that the unit is now more accepting of some CF cards that it struggled with before. Specifically for me I had a 4gb Kingston (45x or 50x I cannot recall which), and it would stop recording after a time. It works fine now with that card.

Was the kingston card an elite one ? I've used a Elite Kingston 45x since the beginning and never had a problem with it. I also use a sandisk, non ultra and have no problems either ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2007, 10:18:23 AM »
Nothing has changed with this update relevant to the merters working with the spdif input to the MT 24/96  I have the same set up and it has worked correctly on previous releases without problems.  The Mic 2496 lights are much faster repsonse than the meters on the recorder and allow you to accurately set a -12.5 db level and forget looking at the meters after that!  I am recording exclusively at 24/96 so using the -12.5 db level provides substantial headroom so that over saturation is not an issue.  The levels indicated on the Microtrack recorder seem to correspond well with the LED lights on the Mic 2496 as well.

I agree, and mostly I am now using mt MT as a little portable recorder, using a various mics into a battery box that accepts the 1/8 jack on many mics, uses the MT's TRS jacks and sits atop the unit. I have always thought the meters were ok, but slow, (it took some time to understand them and what they are trying to communicate) but the leds were right on and I can record hot without distortion. The unit is pretty forgiving too, so it is ok to see them glow red occasionally. I do not think anything changed on this firmware upgrade regarding the meters. The biggest difference I noticed was that the unit is now more accepting of some CF cards that it struggled with before. Specifically for me I had a 4gb Kingston (45x or 50x I cannot recall which), and it would stop recording after a time. It works fine now with that card.

Was the kingston card an elite one ? I've used a Elite Kingston 45x since the beginning and never had a problem with it. I also use a sandisk, non ultra and have no problems either ...

Kingston elite pro 45X 4GB. I would get a message the first time I pressed record, saying media full, and then have to press it a second time. It would fail sometimes a few minutes into recording. I don't have this problem anymore with it.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2007, 01:49:14 AM »
I get this message, too. I have to press REC 2 times before it can start recording...that is using the 4GB 45X Kingston Elite and with the current firmware.
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2007, 08:06:37 AM »
I get this message, too. I have to press REC 2 times before it can start recording...that is using the 4GB 45X Kingston Elite and with the current firmware.

I have NEVER had this happen usingthe 4GB 45X Kingston Elite and with the current firmware - wonder what is up there for you guys??
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2007, 08:16:36 AM »
Neither have I. In fact I never had that error at all. Have you both reformatted the cards before each new recording ?

FWIW I am still running FW 1.4.3 ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2007, 05:07:11 PM »
Neither have I. In fact I never had that error at all. Have you both reformatted the cards before each new recording ?

FWIW I am still running FW 1.4.3 ...

I usually reformat, but do not always remember to. I think the Kingston is more sensitive to needing an occasional reformatting. My 5GB Seagate never required it, it made absolutely no difference, and the Sandisc I use currently does not seem to require or especially react if I reformat or not.. The message I get with the Kingston 4GB, is no longer an issue because it records fine, but strange that it happens. I have a 2GB Kingston, and I do not get the message with that CF card. Now I tend to use the Kingston 4GB in my Camera or Tascam, because of that one extra button push required, but I would not hesitate to use it if I needed it.

Strange that not everyone gets that message. I am running the newest 1.4.5, which I think is the best firmware to date.

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2007, 10:10:32 PM »
When I use my 2GB card I never get this message only with the 4GB. Do not know why... I do digital in, using the USB external power, and recording at 24/96 with the 4GB Kingston 45X. You people doing the same setting and setup? Maybe it is dependent on the setup & settings. Yes, I always format the card before using it.
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2007, 11:30:34 AM »
When I use my 2GB card I never get this message only with the 4GB. Do not know why... I do digital in, using the USB external power, and recording at 24/96 with the 4GB Kingston 45X. You people doing the same setting and setup? Maybe it is dependent on the setup & settings. Yes, I always format the card before using it.

These days I am only going in via the TRS jacks, so the settings do not seem to be the reason. I record usually at 16/48. I also only get the message on the 4GB, not the 2GB Kingston.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.306 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com