Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Suggest some dorm room friendly monitors  (Read 6429 times)

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
Re: Suggest some dorm room friendly monitors
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 01:22:01 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m8fbnShPcw

Here you go seth...can't beat that price!
epic

I have a pair of the Creative GigaWorks T20 and they sound very nice for ~$100, possibly cheaper.  If you want a greater low frequency extension, check out the GigaWorks T40 with the dual woofers.  They are more expensive, but still quite nice.  Neither of them has a sub.  Each of them has a very warm flavor, tilted a bit too much toward that end of the spectrum for my tastes, but I am not really complaining for how good they sound overall for $100.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »
I got a Harman Kardon 2.1 system from a friend, as the Bisco kids would say it can bring the UNTZ. 
treating me well

Offline Red Boink

• Trade Count: (27)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 06:28:22 PM »
I've got a pair of swan speakers I bought from newegg a couple of years ago for like $170.. they're self powered and sound very, very good.  I'm pretty criticle of audio, my studio has genelec monitors and my home theater has british mission 717m, warfdale for back channels and polk audio for the mid... There's a pair of swans at parts express that seem to be well rated, although they are not the model I bought:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=310-440

I use them on a photo editing system, so sound isn't critical, still they are good for the price.

Good Luck,

John
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 10:32:35 PM by Red Boink »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com