Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: right angle stereo mini to right angle stereo mini  (Read 9432 times)

Offline tgakidis

• Trade Count: (552)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My Recordings on the Archive:
Re: right angle stereo mini to right angle stereo mini
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »
I'm an exception then Robb, because ALL my 1/8" cables have rt-angle on both ends  except 1 cable :)

I think your the exception to the rule on a lot of things  ;D

:clapping:
GAKables: Custom XLR, Digi & Batt Cables http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133186.0

Mics: Schoeps CMC6 x 4, Schoeps CMC1K x 2 / Schoeps KC 5G x 2 / Schoeps MK4,MK41,MK21,MK22 x 2 / Austrian Audio OC818 Dual Set+ / Telefunken TF-11 x 2 / Telefunken ELA M 260 x 4 / Telefunken M960FS x 2 / TK60,TK61,TK62 x 2 / Telefunken M60,TK60 x 2 / AKG c426b / AKG c34 / nBob AKG Actives>PFA x 4 / CK61,CK63,CK8 x 2 / AT853 4.7k Mod (Card,Sub)
Pres: Sonosax SX-AD8+ / Sonosax SX-M2D2 / Sonosax SX-M2 / Lunatec V3
Recs: Sonosax SX-R4+ / Sound Devices MixPre-6ii / Marantz PMD-661 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F3

My Recordings: https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%28Gakidis%29&sort=-da

Offline perks

• Trade Count: (31)
    • Recordings uploaded to TTD
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 01:58:14 PM »
I tried to use a R/A 1/8 mini plug on my MMA6000 and got a spotty connection. It would look like it was in snugly but either no signal or lots of static. So I shipped the cable off to darktrain and he swapped the r/a with a standard straight plug and I've had no issues since.
Mics: Schoeps MK5's, Schoeps MK41's, AT853's (C,SC,H,O), DPA 4061's
Preamps/converters: Schoeps VMS52UB (x2), Nbox (x2), E.A.A. PSP-2 (x2) Grace Lunatec V2, Sound Devices MP-2, DPA MMA6000, Naiant Tinybox v1.5, Naiant PiPsqueak, Church Ugly, Apogee Mini-Me, Benchmark AD2k+
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Korg MR-1, Edirol R-05, Sony PCM-M10 (x2), Tascam DR-07, Marantz PMD-661, Sound Devices Mixpre-3

Offline darktrain

• Trade Count: (715)
  • Whats next?
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 03:17:55 PM »
I tried to use a R/A 1/8 mini plug on my MMA6000 and got a spotty connection. It would look like it was in snugly but either no signal or lots of static. So I shipped the cable off to darktrain and he swapped the r/a with a standard straight plug and I've had no issues since.

Yeh, it really does vary, sometimes neutrik straights work better than the RA's and vice versa and sometimes the switchcrafts fit better, one thing though is that the panel connector Jon uses on his tinyboxes is awesome, they seem to hold any connector tight.

Offline brad.bartels

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 02:40:06 PM »
I was just going to post about needing one of these, too - Naiant Tinybox to Edirol R-09 or R-09HR.  Wouldn't want a very long cable.  What would be the shortest you would suggest darktrain?

personally i like to leave a little "wiggle" room and go a bit longer and is it for "less than open" or open taping? And are the unit together or seperated?

Almost always for stealth, I have a different open rig.  I just got the tinybox, so haven't used it yet, but I often put an elastic band around the preamp and recorder to keep them together, thus figuring a short cable makes better sense than the one I have now. 

On another note, I jsut saw another post you made where you suggest a right angle at one end and a straight connection at the other for greater versatility.  So now I have a second option to consider.  ;D

For what it's worth, I use a straight connector out of the tinybox and right angle into the recorder (I'm using an Olympus LS-10) and that works pretty well. I think the one I'm using is 1', that seems about right as long as you have the units together or next to each other. Mostly "less than open" applications.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com