Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: WTF?? Need help with transfering...  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Swampy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
WTF?? Need help with transfering...
« on: December 11, 2004, 02:05:19 PM »
So I've been transfering some DATs this weekend, but my computer is giving me some trouble. I plugged the dat into the spdif in on my delta 1010lt, and then in the delta mixer section set the master clock to spdif in, and sample rate to 48kHz since thats what the tape is. Open up CEP 2.0, set up a new 48kHz track with spdif in, look for levels... nothin.... go back to the delta mixer and the master mixer on the delta is showing levels, so the sound card IS getting levels from the dat. So change the sample rate to 44.1 on the dela for shits and giggles, and vowla, levels in CEP! So I record a bit to check if its working, export the file and its 48khz. So I think it works and proceed to transfer the whole tape. So its done and I look at the clock on the computer and its like 10 minutes longer on the computer than it is on the dat!

So there is definitely somthing fishy going on... It doesnt seem like I can get the clock or sample rate to lock in CEP correctly even though it says on the delta mixer that they are locked. Anyone have any idea at what is going on???

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Still loves his mic pre's
Re: WTF?? Need help with transfering...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 04:33:04 PM »
Hey,

i have the audiophile 2496, and when I do S/PDiF transfers, I open the delta control panel, I set the internal clock to spdif in (hardward setings), go to patchbay/router and set that to spdif in, and then set appropriate sample rate, etc...

I have not used the delta 1010lt so I do not know if the control panel is the same. Try spdif in under patchbay/routetr and see if that works. Hope it does

Kyle
Schoeps CMC6/MK4  //  Nakamichi CM-300/CP-1/CP-2
E.A.A. PSP-2   // Grace Design Lunatec V2
Sonic AD2K+ 
Tascam HD-P2 (Oade BCM)  //  Sony TC-D5 PROII

Duncan - 12/84 > 8/8/05 - Miss you everyday

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com