Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: [Recording] NEED URGENT HELP!!  (Read 1693 times)

Offline michalangelo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Linkin Park Live Guide
[Recording] NEED URGENT HELP!!
« on: June 05, 2007, 05:03:23 PM »
I need help with preparing my rig @ concert in next week! I still haven't recieved my preamp with bass-roll-off and don't know what to do :O:O:O:O:O Those shippings in Poland are killing me :/ For now i have: MD, one mic and good cabble :/ that's it. Still waiting for one mic and the preamp for the mics :/ I think i will not recieve them on time so please, help me :( What can i do to record the show in listenable quality *doh* _^_ Any hints? Thx in advance.

Gear:
Sony MZ-R30 MD
Sony ECM-MS907 Mic
And the cabble which name i don't know <lol>
SP-CMC-8A > SP-SPSB-1 (no roll-off) -> Sony MZ-R30
SP-CMC-8A > SP-SPSB-1 (no roll-off) -> iriver iHP-120 (rockbox) (As of 02.2014)

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: [Recording] NEED URGENT HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 07:36:11 PM »
well the good news is that is a stereo mic so you only need one of them, I believe it is powered by an internal battery as well so you won't need the preamp, be sure to run Line-In

however that guy is kinda bulky to stealth with but can be done
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 10:40:24 PM »
Those Sony's are very cold.  You will need a preamp to get anything usable, trust me.  If you don't have an external preamp you will need to go in the mic port.

Offline gratefulphish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 01:25:37 AM »
I need help with preparing my rig @ concert in next week! I still haven't recieved my preamp with bass-roll-off and don't know what to do :O:O:O:O:O Those shippings in Poland are killing me :/ For now i have: MD, one mic and good cabble :/ that's it. Still waiting for one mic and the preamp for the mics :/ I think i will not recieve them on time so please, help me :( What can i do to record the show in listenable quality *doh* _^_ Any hints? Thx in advance.

Gear:
Sony MZ-R30 MD
Sony ECM-MS907 Mic
And the cabble which name i don't know <lol>

Take your gear out to another show this week, preferably one that you can tape openly, and try it out, both line in and mic in, and see whether it overloads or not.
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com