Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Acid Pro - synch vocal track with music tracks  (Read 1217 times)

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
Acid Pro - synch vocal track with music tracks
« on: June 10, 2005, 04:30:30 PM »
OK here is the scoop. I began by making a multi-track song created in Acid Pro.  I would like to add vocals to it.  I have a M-audio firewire 410 to get a vocal track to the PC.  I can set Acid Pro up to recognize the sound card and record the vocal track, but in doing so it will put the music tracks 'off-line' so you cannot listen to the music to sing to it. 

I tried to using Wavelab to record the vocal track while playing the multi-track music in Acid Pro so it will play and can be sung to.  However, when I save the vocal track and open it into the multi-track in Acid Pro it is not in synch at all.  Both the multi-track project and the vocal track are recorded at 16/44.1.  Is there an easier way to synch these two up? 

The easiest thing that I could think of would be to render the mutil-track music to a file and rip it to disc.  Then I would run both the song file and a microphone through a mixer and just record the whole thing 'live'.  The problem with this would be that it would be a pain in the ass if I wanted to go back and add more vocal hooks/loops later.

Did that make any sense?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com