Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD-Audiofile help needed....  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
DVD-Audiofile help needed....
« on: June 11, 2006, 07:02:10 PM »
I created an ISO with DVD-Audiofile 0.74, everything seemed to work fine, 24/44.1 FLAC files.

I then burned it with Toast Disc Copier mode. I inerted the disc, my Pioneer immediately recognized it as a DVD-A, it has 6 tracks, all with the correct track timings, etc....but the files are nothing but static.

Any ideas?

Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline guysonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
Re: DVD-Audiofile help needed....
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 07:29:06 AM »
I thought DVD-Audio discs needed .wav type files to function for audio player playback.

What you may have is DVD data files on DVD disc, but is player-recognized as DVD-A type for reason of ID from the burner program, and then the player looks for standard DVD-Audio .wav file type.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 07:34:57 AM »
I thought DVD-Audio discs needed .wav type files to function for audio player playback.

What you may have is DVD data files on DVD disc, but is player-recognized as DVD-A type for reason of ID from the burner program, and then the player looks for standard DVD-Audio .wav file type.

nope, DVD-Audiofile will accept FLAC files and decompress them on-the-fly before creating the DVD-Audio disc image.
not sure what's going on ith your disc.  are you using the internal DAV on the pioneer and using the analog outs?  or are you going digi-out to an external DAC?  not sure why that would make a difference, but I'm curious.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 08:15:23 AM »

the burner program has no idea what kind of disc it is, nor does it care.  there is no dvd-audio ID the burner program would know about.  the player also wouldn't be looking for dvd-audio wav files, either, because dvd-audio uses authored .AOB files in the AUDIO_TS directory, which are definitely not wav files

what is toast disc copier mode?  Isn't there an image mode, where you just give it a disc image?  that's all i do

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 10:03:10 AM »

Are you using the internal DAV on the pioneer and using the analog outs?  or are you going digi-out to an external DAC?  not sure why that would make a difference, but I'm curious.

The Pioneer sends up to 24/192 over S/PDIF (though not on store bought DVD-A/SACD), so I'm going direct digital to my receiver. FWIW though, I also have regular RCA analog out as well (you can set the receiver for analog or digital connection for each hookup), and the problem exists on both...nothing but static.

what is toast disc copier mode?  Isn't there an image mode, where you just give it a disc image?  that's all i do

The only method I've found for burning ISOs in Toast is "Disc Copy"...it's the 3rd tab at the top, right after "Data" and "Audio".

Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 10:22:46 AM »
i'm not on a mac at the moment, but i could have sworn there's an image option...

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 09:43:42 AM »
i'm not on a mac at the moment, but i could have sworn there's an image option...

In the Disc Copy tab, you click the button that says "from disc image", maybe that's what you're thinking.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com