Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: TLH ffp issues for torrent  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Just Taper Mark from NC

• when the bass kicks..all I need is a mic and a stage and mix.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Dodgertown 90090
TLH ffp issues for torrent
« on: November 21, 2009, 08:28:29 AM »
ok so I am made my 1sr attempt at doing a torrent postsshow from the hotel lastnight
and most everything went well,also the 1st time windows 7/wavelab 6 deal.

I did everything the same as before as far as I can remember since it has been a while
and only done like 3 aanyway  :P so in TLH I encoded my wav files and created/verified
checksums and saved it all back into my folder.I can create the torrent in utorrent and get
everything going into place on bt.etree but when I go to open my ffp file tocopy it into the checksum box it just keeps opening TLH and the only thing it will let me do is keep verifying
the checksums nothin else  ???

it's the only thing keeping me from getting the torrent running at this point and frustrating  :banging head:
Positive vibration man.That's what makes it work.That's reggae music.You can't look away because it is real.You listen to what I sing because I mean what I sing,there's no secret,no big deal.,Just honesty,that's all."-Hon. Robert Nesta Marley 1977

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
Re: TLH ffp issues for torrent
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 08:36:05 AM »
most likely, it's because the file has the extension .FFP, and that file type is associated with TLH, so it opens the file with that program.  Rename the file to have the .TXT extension, and you should be able to open it up in notepad (of course, if you already created the .torrent file, you'll either have to rename the file back to .FFP, or recreate the .torrent file to include the new TXT file).

alternatively, you might be able to just right-click on the .FFP file, and choose "open with notepad", or something like that.  At least, that works in XP, I'm not sure about Windows 7.

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 10:43:57 AM »
alternatively, you might be able to just right-click on the .FFP file, and choose "open with notepad", or something like that.  At least, that works in XP, I'm not sure about Windows 7.

I haven't used Windows 7 either, but another alternative is to open Notepad (or your favorite text editor) and then open the ffp file (File, Open and browse for the file).

Good luck, man.  Hope you had a great show.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

• Dodgertown 90090
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 11:15:30 AM »
yeah I can open it in wordpad just fine thanks to gordon  ;) looks like I'm going to have to change some default settings to avoid this in the future.oh the trials and tribulations of a new OS  :P

but now etree says I have an illegal file format and fails the upload so I'm redoing everything
to make sure didn'tdo something screwy at 3am  ::)
Positive vibration man.That's what makes it work.That's reggae music.You can't look away because it is real.You listen to what I sing because I mean what I sing,there's no secret,no big deal.,Just honesty,that's all."-Hon. Robert Nesta Marley 1977

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 11:20:51 AM »
don't change anything in tlh.  you want a verifiable ffp.  just right click on it to view it. 
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

• Dodgertown 90090
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »
yeah I got it all now.I created my torrent file before moving all the wav files out of that folder sothat was hanging me up.just waiting for it to kick then I will post a link in kickdown  :)

Offline junkyardt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 10:47:18 PM »
i have found the creation of a txt file with the fingerprint info in it to be tricky. maybe i'm just doing it the wrong way? i'll generate the ffp file and open notepad and just drag and drop the ffp file into the blank notepad. it copies all the fingerprint info as it should, but it won't let me save it as a txt file. even though i opened it in notepad (and it was a txt file when it started) whenever i save it it automatically converts it to another ffp file, which i already have and don't need. i've found i need to copy and paste the fingerprint text into a completely different, randomly named txt file to get it to actually save as a txt file and not revert back to an ffp file. weird.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com