Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: burning dvd-a's w/ wavelab5.0a  (Read 10353 times)

silverbullet

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: burning dvd-a's w/ wavelab5.0a
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2004, 04:50:51 PM »
Yah know I tried two other newer more expensive Pioneer models and my dvd-a discs didn't work. I'm going to have to test that demo model the next time I'm in BB otherwise it's going to bug the heck out of me. I'm also curious if it has to do with brand name DVD -R discs.   ??? Honestly, At the time I didn't try the 563a models because I read posts on the net about bug issues and that this unit would not play certain dvd-a discs  made by the latest authoring rev. I even remember telling the saleman that. Could be just a firmware thing that needs to be upgraded. Still for $70, what a steal if it works. I just have to keep telling myself the Denon 2200 unit is a better unit even just to make me feel better. There are better prices on the net but I don't mind paying a premium for the luxury of testing units from store to store to make sure I don't have to make more back and forth trips. Now, If I truely believed that ::) Beats staying at home each night ripping more DVD-A discs. :P

Has anyone added video to their DVD-A discs yet? sounds cool to do. Add some live video of a show as bonus stuff in addition to audio.

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2004, 05:45:35 PM »
one thing to keep in mind; make sure that the units you're testing are capable of playing the kind of DVD you're using (DVD-R, DVD+R).  Some will only play one, not the other...
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

silverbullet

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2004, 04:29:11 AM »
Seems like most will play the -R discs. Some may even play the +R discs if it's not listed.

silverbullet

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2004, 06:21:20 AM »
All my DVD-A's burned with either Wave Lab or Disc Welder play fine in my Panasonic F85S and Toshiba 4960.

How does that Disc Welder make the dvd-a discs? Are the files in the audio_TS folder or the video_TS folder. I guess the difference being one dvd-a and the other dvd-v. Did I get the naming correctly?

silverbullet

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2004, 11:27:06 AM »
Can WavLab 5 create DVD-A discs with 5.1 surround? What software product will create 5.1 or 7.1 surround dvd-a discs?

I'm only getting sound from the left/front speakers with WavLab so far.

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2004, 02:13:05 PM »
Can WavLab 5 create DVD-A discs with 5.1 surround? What software product will create 5.1 or 7.1 surround dvd-a discs?

I'm only getting sound from the left/front speakers with WavLab so far.

Yes.  Make sure your montage is set to DVD-A, not CD.  Then click the top left MODE button within the edit tab to select 4,5, or 6 channels.  Next import your 6 tracks.  On the far left hand side of each track you'll see your channel routings (default LF:RF).  This determines which tracks will play on each speaker.  If all your tracks are set to default, they will all play out of your left front/right front speakers.  To change the routings, double click on them & check the box of the speaker(s) you want that specific track to play from.  Once you've got it mixed they way you like it finish the burn like any other DVD-A. 

silverbullet

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2004, 05:31:21 PM »
Thanks yokel  +T  8)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com