Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: $100 Headphone Recommendations ?  (Read 6344 times)

Offline §†∑∫åµÞ≥¥

• You can call me Steve.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: $100 Headphone Recommendations ?
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 12:40:24 PM »
By the way, you can order the replacement VELOUR pads for the Beyerdynamic DT250's and they fit the Sony's perfectly.  Nothing like wearing a pair of V6/7506's with velour padding.  It's the shit.  I find the pleather pads on the Sony's to be a little uncomfortable in comparison. 

Any idea where to order these velour pads, gloco? I have some V6's that are getting old and frayed (had 'em since 94 or 95). I'm also missing a small plastic cover from the back of one ear piece. Any idea where to order parts like that?
"Absurdity is the only reality." - FZ

LMA recordings
www.nutritionbulk.com

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2008, 12:57:52 PM »
By the way, you can order the replacement VELOUR pads for the Beyerdynamic DT250's and they fit the Sony's perfectly.  Nothing like wearing a pair of V6/7506's with velour padding.  It's the shit.  I find the pleather pads on the Sony's to be a little uncomfortable in comparison. 

Any idea where to order these velour pads, gloco? I have some V6's that are getting old and frayed (had 'em since 94 or 95). I'm also missing a small plastic cover from the back of one ear piece. Any idea where to order parts like that?
b&h
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

Offline §†∑∫åµÞ≥¥

• You can call me Steve.
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 03:15:50 PM »
Thanks! I guess mine are the V600 -- still the same ear piece as far as I can tell though.
"Absurdity is the only reality." - FZ

LMA recordings
www.nutritionbulk.com

Offline bugg100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 04:46:44 PM »
Hey Dennis,  Check your local Radio Shack, locally mine had the Super.Fi 3 Live for 1/2 price ($49).  These are great to monitor at shows with.....  IEM's may not be be for you though.....

Joe

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 04:58:11 PM »
Hey Dennis,  Check your local Radio Shack, locally mine had the Super.Fi 3 Live for 1/2 price ($49).  These are great to monitor at shows with.....  IEM's may not be be for you though.....

Joe
thanks for the tip Joe :D
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (30)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 06:11:21 PM »
yea, good call.
$49 would be very nice for some IEM's for show duties.

as for $100 cans.
i've said this before...i'll say it again.
the stupid Senn HD201's for $20.
I'll put them up against anyones $100 headphones and you tell me.  I plan on buying a pair...and I'll do it and send them to anyone who wants to try them out as I have several all ready.

they are stupidly silly good.
and the "Internet" agrees with me, so that has to mean something.
http://www.google.com/search?q=sennheiser+hd+201&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:13:26 PM by Nick's Picks »
LMA recordings and what-not

Live music: hauling around a Marshall stack whose output will get squeezed through a single SM57, then mangled by a Guinness-soaked mixer and shoved through suspicious-smelling power amps into a pair of grungy cabinets whose best days were before they left the factory, all of which are under the control of an engineer who would much rather be at home watching television.

Offline Will_S

• Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 10:19:27 PM »
At $20 the Sennheisers Nick references are worth a shot, but personally I don't particularly care for them.  I have a pair that are handy when I need some sealed headphones, but I much prefer my Grado SR80s, my Sennheiser PX100s, and even my old Senn HD414s.

Offline dgodwin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AT4041->Tascam DR-100mkiii
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2008, 10:21:36 PM »

Joe

Was this a local deal, or is it nationwide?  I'm looking for a pair of decent priced IEMs, and these sound perfect. 

Offline daco63

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • www.dcguitars.com
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 12:23:44 AM »
I'll raise a hand for the HD280s.  I have some AKG 240's that I sometimes use for mixdown - I love 'em for that.  But for tracking at shows... isolation is #1 for me.  Without that, you have to crank vol in the cans... 7506's do that really well, but I prefer the isolation I get with the 280s. They both will do the job just fine though.
IN: AKG c480b + ck61 > DIY Canare/Neutrik > W+ UA-5 > laptop > live webcasting! (Carrick House Concerts on A3 Radio)
OUT: laptop > iBasso D2-Viper (rolled) > B2031a/AKG240

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.192 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2018 Taperssection.com