Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audioroot UpreMKII  (Read 18561 times)

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Audioroot UpreMKII
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 06:49:10 AM »
link expired http://we.tl/3XDoNDYNLK  set

WSP 20141017
Verizon Theater
Oct 17 | Dallas, TX | 10:04 CST

Beyer 803s >uPRE-II AES out >FR2 @ 24/48 DIN 7' DFC 11 rows behind the pit/7 rows FOB   204-GG-11

Set   
Up All Night,
Pleas >
Bust It Big,
You Got Yours >
Pickin' Up The Pieces >
Rebirtha >
Blackout Blues,
This Part of Town >
Radio Child,
Shut Up & Drive >
Driving Song >
Little Lilly >
Drumz* & Bass* >
Driving Song >
Swamp** (120 mins)

Encore   
Lawyers, Guns & Money

Notes   [without Todd; entire show with Duane Trucks on drums]
* Other One Tease
** LTP 10.31.10
setlist from panicstream

The rest of the show to go with the encore; once again from wetransfer's free side which limits access to 200 downloads or 7 day availability - whichever occurs first. Since there has been no processing of any sort, not even track splits just cf card>comp>wetransfer, please don't post this anywhere else. I will once I get a new windows box built and do some minor editing.

As mentioned above this will need a boost, guessing about 6db.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:32:41 AM by flipp »

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 06:41:23 AM »
Past recordings led me to believe the Beyers were a bit too bottom end oriented. Not so with the uPRE.

As the result of a chat with the folks at audioroot it seems the above recording was done with the HP filter engaged (as was the mule) so maybe the Beyers do have an enhanced bottom.

Offline waltmon

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 03:58:49 PM »
http://www.pro-sound.com/p/SAUDFEMTO.html

Less than 700.00 and they carry some sort of battery pack for it as well that is less than 100.00  (Sorry this is the FEMTO - no digital out)  Thinking of grabbing this for 4 channel with the 744T
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:03:57 PM by waltmon »
KM140's, KM150's, U89's, Mixpre-10T II, 788T, F3

CA-14 > UBB > Tascam DR-2D

1 pound non-sequential $50.00 bills

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 07:18:59 PM »
Talk to Justin. He should be able to do a much better price. Last spring I asked for a price on the Femto since the uPRE-II release was delayed. He quoted a significantly lower price then and gave the usual ts member free shipping discount. Whether you decide on the Femto or the uPRE-II, give Justin a call as I'm sure he'll beat the website posted price.

wrt to the uPRE2; external batteries should be here tomorrow and I plan on modifying a cable to a Hirose connector so I can us this without having to use 9v transistor batts. I'm sure I can find something in the bay area to record between tomorrow and NYE to check runtimes. Not sure what or when but I'll report back once I've run it some more.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 08:05:37 PM »
http://www.pro-sound.com/p/SAUDFEMTO.html

Less than 700.00 and they carry some sort of battery pack for it as well that is less than 100.00  (Sorry this is the FEMTO - no digital out)  Thinking of grabbing this for 4 channel with the 744T

I would love to try one of these too! I have only heard 1 Schoeps>FEMTO recording, for RRE NYE last year, and it sounded mighty fine 8) Plus its tiny and only takes 2x9v ;D Anyone have one that I can borrow for a year or two? lol :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline yates7592

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 11:07:22 AM »
flipp - can you please confirm the digital out cable connector - is that a 5-pin mini xlr connector? And the "ins" - also 5 pin mini xlr??

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 12:55:56 PM »
flipp - can you please confirm the digital out cable connector - is that a 5-pin mini xlr connector? And the "ins" - also 5 pin mini xlr??

out is 5-pin mini xlr
inputs are 3-pin mini xlr
aux power in is a Hirose 4 pin male power plug 10A-7P-4P

The input (2x) and output (1x) cables come with the unit but the external power cable does not.

I have the AES version and the digi-out cable has a full size 3 pin xlr connector on the recorder end. I assume the S/PDIF version has the RCA connector on it but you should probably confirm that with Audioroot. I have found the built-in chat/contact us feature on their main webpage to be useful for getting questions answered. I'll also be happy to answer questions (provided I know the answer).

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 01:40:19 PM »
So, the AES and analog outputs are both routed through the 5-pin miniXLR? You just use a specific cable for each?
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant »  aercomp2 ■ v2-3 ■ sx-m2d2
dpa 4061 » mma-a.6000
d100 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 03:04:44 PM »
I have never used the analog out and haven't looked at the other supplied cable(s) in months (I'm not home and can't see what else was included). I do recall I haven't used the middle two listed below but the following 5 cables do come with the unit and each cable is already labeled. (I'll try to post a pic later).
The uPREII page lists
Each uPRE MKII mic preamp is delivered with 1 uPRE MKII CABLE KIT  :
2 XLR mic inputs cables
1 mini XLR stereo output cable (mini XLR5 to 2 x mini XLR3)
1 mini-jack stereo output cable
1 XLR3 AES output cable

Yes, there is only one output jack so just swap cables whether you want analog or digi out. One downside is output is either/or where analog and digital would be nice.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:07:39 PM by flipp »

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 03:46:08 PM »
On the Audioroot website it says the outputs on the mini XLR 5 are unbalanced - This would lead me to believe you could make a cable that allows both Analog and digital outputs at the same time - you would just need the pin out.

AES/SPDIF selection is probably used only on formatting framed output signal - it is possible that the extra pin on the XLR-5 could be used as a Jumper to set SPDIF or AES - this is the case with the Sonosax MiniR82 outputs where you jumper in Phantom power

5 pins
1 - GND
2 - Analog L
3 - Analog R
4 - Digitial
5 - ??? ?

This is not the pinout but a possible example based on the statement that the outputs are unbalanced

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:47:41 PM by H₂O »
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline yates7592

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 04:15:39 PM »
I'm very interested in using the uPREii to go digital AES out into my MiniR82. What cable would I need exactly  - would the supplied cable work?

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 06:08:49 PM »
I'm very interested in using the uPREii to go digital AES out into my MiniR82. What cable would I need exactly  - would the supplied cable work?

I assume it would as the supplied cable is the only one I've used and the only way I've recorded so far using the uPRE is uPRE-II AES out > AES in on my FR2  (every recording at 24/48).

uPRE-IIs are designated as AES or SPDIF version. I don't know if the units are identical (or output both) and the selection is made by which cable is used or if the AES/SPDIF is set by an internal jumper or hardwired in some manner. More questions for Antoine - so far the only one I haven't received an answer for is what AD chip is used.

Offline yates7592

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2014, 03:40:29 AM »
I assume it would as the supplied cable is the only one I've used and the only way I've recorded so far using the uPRE is uPRE-II AES out > AES in on my FR2  (every recording at 24/48).

uPRE-IIs are designated as AES or SPDIF version. I don't know if the units are identical (or output both) and the selection is made by which cable is used or if the AES/SPDIF is set by an internal jumper or hardwired in some manner. More questions for Antoine - so far the only one I haven't received an answer for is what AD chip is used.

Thanks. Would you be able to post a picture of the AES-in end of the supplied cable please?

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2014, 01:51:56 PM »
cable ends showing labeling
output end of uPRE-II
ends of AES digi cable with uPREII in coozie weighing down cable

Offline old and in the way

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 03:57:14 PM »
 Ok . So I order the upre mk 11 from threw audio on 11/ 21/15 . And still no upre . Keep hearing its on its way . Now they say next week! Any one else order this box and did you have to wait this long?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com