Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Confused about JB3 power  (Read 2952 times)

Offline lessthanhadley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Confused about JB3 power
« on: November 11, 2005, 11:31:32 AM »
OK so I know theres a million threds on this, but thats my main problem...Ive read them all and there is so much info that I am more confused than when I started.  I just got a JB3, and it only came w/ one internal battery which is on its last leg.  I can't see buying a new internal for the thing, so I was thinking of going external.  I just purchased one of those sima sup-2 units off ebay yesterday because I wanted a car adaptor for the battery that I do have since it goes dead constantly, and I want to use the thing as a regulator for a battery that I get.  Ive been searching for one of those Walmart batterys on ebay, and they all seem a bit pricier than people said to have gotten them for in other posts...Just curious if there was a cheap place to get these, or if anybody could tell me of any good alternatives.  I noticed theres a lot of Dynex models on ebay fairly cheap...does anybody know about these?  Also is there anything else other than the DVD battery that is cheap that I could use and hopefully plug right into that adaptut Ier?  Id rather not work w/ splicing wires if I dont have to, but if that is a must for a cheap option let me know.  I dont need a huge battery, just something that can record for the 4-6 hour range max so  I would consider smaller options as well.  Also I need to order something relatively soon because the 1st show I want to do is the 22nd
Thank you,
Andrew

PS- I read in another message that PSP chargers work directly for JB3s, and then I came across this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/PSP-Power-Brick-External-Rechargeable-Battery-Pack-NEW_W0QQitemZ8232205609QQcategoryZ11319QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone know if something like this would be a direct fit for the Nomad?

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Needs to get out more...
  • Real men wear kilts.
Re: Confused about JB3 power
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 11:43:43 AM »
What's your idea of cheap? The power runner battery works great, but it's about $85 - $90 if I recall correctly.
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 01:01:45 PM »
i would bet that most of the DVD type Li-Ion batteries are similar, all are probably made over seas and just given different labels/brands so you should be ok with just about any of them. i just picked up an ESA li-ion on ebay for about $30, i think it may be the same as the wallyworld ones, just try some different search terms on ebay
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline lessthanhadley

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 03:37:22 PM »
Ok thanks...Does anybody have an opinion on that PSP battery at the end of my other post?

Offline bagtagsell

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 03:17:04 AM »
you use the psp car connetor as a voltage regulator and from what I read works great.
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 12:16:18 PM »
Ok thanks...Does anybody have an opinion on that PSP battery at the end of my other post?
I think you'd be good to go. Good capacity too. I've been using the PSP car charger for my JB3 and have had no problems whatsoever (except that it adds noise if you're playing back while it's connected).

now the next question, is would one of these badasses power the JB3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8232879502&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores

has anybody tried coming from outside with 3.6v?
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

Offline rowjimmy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 02:00:51 PM »
jb3 is 5v.
I wouldn't think it would  run on 3.6?
Bandcamp | Host of The Brokedown Podcast
mic > wires > recorder

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com