Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Bob Dylan's going to be in Detroit in March. Anyone taping?  (Read 2411 times)

Offline fuck you

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Bob Dylan's going to be in Detroit in March. Anyone taping?
« on: January 27, 2004, 01:54:39 AM »
Please forgive me for crossposting this from the "Open Forum" section.  I didn't know what section would be the best for responces.  :/

Pollstar instant notify tells me today that Dylan just sheduled three shows at the State Theatre, Detroit shortly after my Birth Day on March 15 -17.

I may go to all three shows and may tape one of the shows.

Been to the State Theatre a few times but have never seen Dylan.

Are there any stealth Dylan tapers out there?

If Dylan is heavily taped I may leave the gear home and just enjoy the show.

Is anti-taper Dylan as well taped as the Dead?

Tickets are not on sale yet.  How much does Dylan charge these days?  $50-$65?

Also, are there any good Dylan discussion forums can help me with questions I have about his shows?

Thanks in advance.

Darren

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
Re:Bob Dylan's going to be in Detroit in March. Anyone taping?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 03:07:13 AM »
all i have to say is good luck getting your gear into the state theater, especially with dylan.  i've been there 3 times in the last six months, and every time i was there i was searched, and when they searched, they went up one leg, physically touched my junk, moved it out of the way and then down the other leg.  

unfortunately i won't be going, $65 to see dylan at about the worst venue in detroit, no thanks.  i wish you lots of luck tho man, you'll need it.

ed

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline fuck you

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 03:15:53 AM »
all i have to say is good luck getting your gear into the state theater, especially with dylan.  i've been there 3 times in the last six months, and every time i was there i was searched, and when they searched, they went up one leg, physically touched my junk, moved it out of the way and then down the other leg.  

unfortunately i won't be going, $65 to see dylan at about the worst venue in detroit, no thanks.  i wish you lots of luck tho man, you'll need it.

ed

I taped Plant there a while back and saw Rob Zombie and Garbage the year or year after.

The do search and it is a Hell Town type of place but folks still got their stuff in.

If I get a ticket for more than one show I will case the joint out to see what is up.

Dylan charges $65?  Phew!

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 03:28:08 AM »
yeah man, i wish you luck, i guess it can be done and dylan would be worth it, but the shows that i saw there that weren't open taping weren't worth the high stress for me.

my favorite band is playing there at the end of march, and i'm skipping it partly because of that place, gonna goto the cleveland and chicago shows instead and hope for better luck with taping.

again, i wish you luck.

ed

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline rmouk

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 09:12:24 AM »
The Chicago show is $47.50 plus TM fees.  Still kinda steep, but not $65.  I don't think they've released ticket prices for Detroit yet.  I'm hoping they announce some shows a little closer to Cincinnati.  They're calling it the 2004 Winter/Spring "North American" Tour, but so far its pretty much just the upper Midwest.

Bob

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 09:54:46 PM »
I am going to go, and I will try to stealth...

I think they search more stringently depending on the people they are expecting to show up... I don't think they would be that bad, but I don't know.

Ed- why you hate the State so much?
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 02:27:09 AM »
i saw the strokes/kings of leon there and got felt up when i went thru the door, good thing i opted to leave my rig in the car.

a couple of weeks later i saw belle and sebastian there, same thing.  I really wish i woulda tried to tape that tho, but oh well.

Saw primus there after that, again same thing, only they were checking everyone the same way they checked me which meant i missed the first few songs of the opening set cuz i was still waiting in line.  They are soooo slooow.

The seats in the balcony are too close together so theres no leg room.  

Theres no smoking allowed in the venue, only in the bar (the state room or whatever).  I know a lot of you probably don't smoke, but for us kids that do, leaving the concert to go smoke a cig is a pain.  No smoking cigs means no smoking anything else as well.

Everyone who works there that i've come in contact with has been rude.

$5 for a 16oz bud light.

No backpacks or bags means you can only carry the gear in you can fit in your hands.

i'm sure there are other reasons too, but those are all the ones i can think of at the moment.

ed

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 12:15:22 PM »
Yeah dude- forgot about that slow line at Primus... it was ridiculous.  And, I totally forgot about the leg room - my legs were really hurtin after that.

I am a nonsmoker, so that doesn't bother me, but most people just break that rule anyways...
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com