Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cable needed to board patch  (Read 2229 times)

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Cable needed to board patch
« on: January 30, 2004, 08:59:07 PM »
I'm running a DA-P1 and will have access to a board patch next month and need to know what cables i need to have.  Also can't i run a board patch into a vx pocket v2 and if so what cable is needed.

http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
Re:Cable needed to board patch
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 09:33:30 PM »
xlr female>rca male

edit for sex
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 09:42:04 PM by John R »
we all live downstream.

cpclark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 11:03:50 PM »
sbd's have different types of outputs depending on what board manufacterer and which output the engineer is providing, rca, xlr and 1/4" are the popular variety, i would have all of them in my bag if i were patching sbd, take it from a FOH guy

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 12:45:50 AM »
sbd's have different types of outputs depending on what board manufacterer and which output the engineer is providing, rca, xlr and 1/4" are the popular variety, i would have all of them in my bag if i were patching sbd, take it from a FOH guy

true.
we all live downstream.

Offline sickrick43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 01:52:01 AM »

Funny...  Went to a gig last Saturday, and knew I was gonna be first out, and brought my "adapter kit" with me for the first time in years.  GLAD I DID. Ran the D-10 Pro (which needs Hi-Gain line inputs), and ended up coming out of the main insert (effects loop that normally takes a TRS plug, but will take a regular 1/4 Phone inserted to the 1st stop).  Tried coming out of EVERY OUTPUT, with every type of connector, before I ended up punching out of the inserts. (FOH guy was AMAZED that someone showed up THAT PREPARED)

Take a set of whatever your deck (or A/D) inputs are (XLR-M in my case) and whatever it takes to get:

RCA
XLR M or F
1/4 Phone

I do this by having:

1 - Set of Regular XLR M to F mike cables
2 - Set of XLR Y Cables (2F/1M)
3 - Set of XLR M to M Gender Changers
4 - Set of RCA to XLR M Cables
5 - Pair of 1/4 Phone M to RCA Female Adapters
6 - Pair of RCA F to F Gender Changers

With this combination, there isn't a board I CAN'T get a line out of somewhere or a cable type I can't convert, and it fits in a headphone (Chivas Regal, etc.) bag.

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 07:57:47 PM »
+T for all thanks for the info
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com