Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Keeping The Apple Fresh  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Musicfuelzgood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • FakeKnife
Keeping The Apple Fresh
« on: September 17, 2004, 04:04:42 AM »
Hey all. I've searched and checked the archival information, but i can't seem to figure out the answer to one question.  I've been recording at my studio for a while, but after loads of time on this board i really wanna go out and start taping live shows, first one coming up soon hopefully! Anyway, the question.  I'll be running two Blue Baby Bottles into an MBox and then into a G4 powerbook.  My question is, how can I keep the Mac running for hours, aside from buying an extra battery. I've read on here that people build battery packs for other units of theirs but i can't seem to find anything on powering the mac for a long time. Any help would really be appreciated. thanks guys.

-b

currently listening to : O.A.R. - risen - bonnaroo CD 2003

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Keeping The Apple Fresh
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 09:18:23 AM »
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H23521E49

http://makeashorterlink.com/?C22513E49

They're kinda pricey...  But one says 10 hours of run time...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 09:57:03 AM »
honestly, the apple batteries are really nice.  they can give you 2 uninterrupted hours easily- generally closer to 2.5. 

how do you like your mbox?  i tried 2 different ones and had nothing but problems in the long run.

Offline Musicfuelzgood

• Taperssection Newbie
    • FakeKnife
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 10:50:44 PM »
thanks for the links twatts.  as for the mbox.  it sure isn't my digi 002.  i'd take the 002 but its definetley all about the portability factor.  the 002 can handle pretty much anything i've thrown at it, while the mbox kinda dies out if i go crazy with track count and plugins, which sometimes i do.  its preamps are decent, and it hasn't given me any real trouble yet.  i'm able to do editing on the bus and all, which is nice.  its good until i get home to the better machine, but i would say it would be worth it for the singer/songwriter type. i dig digidesign as a whole. they've never given me any trouble yet either.

-b

jpschust

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 04:43:46 PM »
i found the same thing, 2-4 tracks im fine.  anything more that thing is gonna die.  its a nice intro to pro-tools, thats for sure.  have you seen that new thing they are doing with the blue mics and those pres- the bundle they have going on?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com