Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Virgin VS2100 Boomtube EX Portable 40 Watt Speakers  (Read 5922 times)

Offline bkirby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoeps/MGs > M148/248 > SD722
Re: Virgin VS2100 Boomtube EX Portable 40 Watt Speakers
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 11:21:03 AM »
Nick,
Any info. on the sound of this thing yet??? I need something for hotels as well...

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2005, 11:23:31 AM »
Nick,
Any info. on the sound of this thing yet??? I need something for hotels as well...

got them in the mail on friday, charged them up and havent had a chance to try them out yet...hopefully later this week....have 3 home hockey games and an anniversary dinner this week :P

will post thoughts by the weekend...initial thoughts are it is a neat little setup...nice and compact, though I am guessin on an airport xray it looks like a pipe bomb

more thoughts to come!

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 09:05:13 AM »
alright finally got these things up and running.  A few thoughts

- Nice small form factor...looks like a pipe bomb as said earlier, but overall nice compact package

- Runs on AC or rechargeable on board lithium

- Listened through IPOD MP3s and 722 24 bit files on board and these speakers sound solid.  Now dont get me wrong, these are not world beaters, but they are not PC speakers either.  The high end is a bit tinny, but other than that they sound great.  I had an old set of PC speakers that with the bass that the 722 would put out would distort a bit, these do not have that problem.

My opinion, these are perfect for hotels because of their ease of carrying around, price point and sound.  The onboard rechargeable is nice as well if you are going to be like me and use them for portable speakers when no power is available.

Surprisingly happy with the purchase...

Offline bkirby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoeps/MGs > M148/248 > SD722
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 09:13:35 AM »
Nick,
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and purchased a pair and they should be in sometime next week. I think these will work quite well in hotel rooms and a few other places. From your response, it sounds like just what I've been looking for. Take care...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.103 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com