Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DC area gathering?  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
DC area gathering?
« on: July 07, 2005, 07:25:26 PM »
Anyone in the DC area interested in doing a gathering to compare playback gear?

I've been swapping interconnects lately and I have another pair of the AUAU gold alloy interconnects coming.  So I'm interested in seeing if I can percieve a difference between the raw and burned-in pairs.  I'd be interested in hearing these compared to any other interconnects.  I'd also like to do a comp of outboard DACs or transports.  I can host or I can bring an assortment of wires and my transport with me.

The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: DC area gathering?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 09:09:48 PM »
Well, my system is off to my parents' house until next summer because I'm preparing to head back to school. I still have the ULN-2, which I use as an upsampling (96k) DAC. I'd need TRS > XLR or TS > RCA adapters to make it work with most amps.

This weekend isn't good, but maybe next is.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 10:16:15 AM »
why not bring it to school?

Offline Daryan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 10:46:45 AM »
Beer, chicks, drunks, I can thing of a million reasons not to bring gear to school!
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 11:23:38 AM »
i don't think i could survive going back to school without my stereo.  such a stress reliever...

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 12:12:43 AM »
I'll still have PC > ULN-2 (as a DAC/HP amp) > Sennheiser HD-600. That'll do for a year. Renting a UHaul is $500+ each way plus another 250 or so for the car-towing thing. I'm also going to be living in a tiny-ass "efficiency" and spending most of my days in engineering buildings, so headphones are better for late-night listening anyway.

Scott, you in at all tomorrow or Sunday? I know you were planning on a show tomorrow night, but not sure what time you were leaving for that. I didn't get in until 9 tonight due to traffic.

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 02:05:38 AM »
I'm in Annapolis and would like to play.  :)

I have suitable/decent playback gear for all media. Let me know if anybody wants to head to the Ram's, then go rage music in the Batcave ;)

Damon...you in?? ;)

Thanks.

---Jason
"Music soothes the beast in a man"...Joseph Stalin

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."  Abraham Lincoln (Dec. 18, 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives)

Schoeps MK21/MK41/MK5/M222's>Elvo NT222's>Grace V3>SD 722

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• large Marge sent me
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 02:52:11 PM »
I dropped the ball on this.  I got busy.

I have the house to myself this weekend so this weekend might be a best opportunity if anyone is up for some gear comps and 24-bit sickness.

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 03:16:37 PM »
I'm a maybe for the weekend. I could probably do either late Saturday or anytime Sunday. I'll have to get back to you on that one. I can also bring over a HD with my 24-bit FLACs or even bring my desktop for some tight 24/96 playback if you don't have a means of computer playback yet (I assume you do, being a 722 owner).

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• large Marge sent me
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 03:25:18 PM »
I have PCs here but I use them to burn DVDs for the 2900.  So feel free to bring a HD full of 4022 stuff and I'll burn DVDs - it only takes a minute to author and burn a disc.

My schedule is wide open except for going to the state sunday evening and Amy is back then anyway.

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 04:45:50 PM »

I have suitable/decent playback gear for all media.

so you finally got rid of that junk you used to listen on last time i came by???   :D

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• large Marge sent me
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 04:52:51 PM »
Damon, you want to bring out that mutliformat player you have and run heads up against the denon?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com