Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best mic specs for recording distant PA?  (Read 5884 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Best mic specs for recording distant PA?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004, 01:06:23 PM »
Thanks creekfreak. I guess my old ears are pretty use to the Nak sound. But they need to change. I have another post going about fixing some noise problems. I have CE2K. Can I do the EQing in that program? Or was that a plugin? I need to warn you, as I did with the kind folks in my other post. I am not real good with computer programs. :-[

Offline muj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 01:29:05 PM »
taping shows is practically the same as tracking in a studio.both scenarios ,requires  using your ears and the tools,to nail the proper and desirable tone,texture and sound.

just my 0.02$

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2004, 01:37:27 PM »
Thanks creekfreak. I guess my old ears are pretty use to the Nak sound. But they need to change. I have another post going about fixing some noise problems. I have CE2K. Can I do the EQing in that program? Or was that a plugin? I need to warn you, as I did with the kind folks in my other post. I am not real good with computer programs. :-[

I have an EQ plugged into my playback system that I use to change as I listened to different sources. I never edit the master, not real good at doing it anyways  ;)
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2004, 01:55:23 PM »
That's an idea, but rather than further hijacking this thread, maybe I'll open another or do a search on EQing or DSPing. But damn, this V3 should be able to get it right without post processing. I'm hoping playing with the mic config and using HPF will do it.

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2004, 02:06:58 PM »
it's not the V3, its the mics, the V3 is about as clean as it gets.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2004, 11:52:49 AM »
it's not the V3, its the mics, the V3 is about as clean as it gets.

a schoeps burn? :hmmm:

not a burn...I love my mk41's, but I also know that schoeps is more of an acquired taste...more making the point that if he doesn't like the sound, its the mics, not the V3 causing the issue for him.
In Tyler we Trust

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com