Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Finally putting together a system  (Read 11258 times)

Offline DeepCreatures

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
    • DeepCreatures Trading Home Page
Finally putting together a system
« on: December 30, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »
Greetings all,

So, after years of using rag-tag, pieced together equipment, I have took the plunge and started getting the components for my first decent home theater system.  My budget was $5000, which put me lacking a couple of small things yet, but those will come.  Let me know what you all think:

TV - Samsung LN46A550
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR806
DVD Player - Oppo DV-981HD
CD Player - Onkyo DX-7555 (yeah, the DVD would do decent, but i had read such good things about these that i thought it worth it)
Remote - Logitch Harmony 670 Universal
Speakers:
     Fronts - Polk RTiA7s (purchased at 1/2 price from Polk, refurbished)
     Rears - Polk RTiA1s
     Center - Polk CSiA6
     Sub - Polk DSWpro500
Will also have a Tascam DA-20 DAT player (that needs to be cleaned), a Tascam MD player, and my Comcast box hooked up.  The one thing I didn't have the money for right now is another turntable...which will be next on the list.  I am also considering a refurbished Nak cas deck at some point.  One big thing I need is some wall mounts for the RTiA1s - if anyone knows of some good ones that are easily adjusted w/o removing please let me know.

With everything purchased, I am left with about $360 to make a flexi-rack to hold all this.  I have it designed and a friend's cousin, who builds custom cabinets, is going to hopefully get the material for me at a good price.

I have read that the SR806's run hot so I have given it plenty of space - 2-inchs top and bottom.  If it still runs hot, I have room to mount a small fan to blow air on it, but I don't think it will come to that.

Quite excited I am!

peace,
ts
Mics: AKG 480s (Ck-61, CK-62, CK-63); SP LSD2; Audix M1280Cs; CA STC-11; CSCs
Pre-Amps: T+ UA-5; W+ UA-5; Bmp2+ UA-5; SD MP-2; CA ST-9000
Recorders: Tascam ACM HD-P2; Sony PCM-D50; Sony M1 (x3); Tascam DA-P1; Sony MZ-RH10; Marantz PMD-430

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
Re: Finally putting together a system
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 09:34:19 AM »
I like the TV, and although I have no experience with that receiver it looks great.  Overall it looks like you're going to have a pretty kick-ass setup! ;D
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline DeepCreatures

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 09:51:12 AM »
thank you sir!
Recorders: Tascam ACM HD-P2; Sony PCM-D50; Sony M1 (x3); Tascam DA-P1; Sony MZ-RH10; Marantz PMD-430

Offline sparkey

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 10:21:40 AM »
I gotta say, after collecting music and recording for so many years, it was really gratifying to funnel money in to a playback system.

I've been considering ditching my Directv connection in favor of the new Roku Netflix enabled box.  It's only $99 and with a Netflix subscription you can stream 300 HD movies and hundreds or thousands more in SD for like $8.99 a a month.  Straight up on demand DVR, fast forward, rewind, all that good stuff.  The Apple TV box doesn't look too bad either, and Samsung makes a Blu-Ray player that is also Netflix enabled.

Josh
#Generalstrike for president in 2024

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:23:02 PM »
I gotta say, after collecting music and recording for so many years, it was really gratifying to funnel money in to a playback system.

I've been considering ditching my Directv connection in favor of the new Roku Netflix enabled box.  It's only $99 and with a Netflix subscription you can stream 300 HD movies and hundreds or thousands more in SD for like $8.99 a a month.  Straight up on demand DVR, fast forward, rewind, all that good stuff.  The Apple TV box doesn't look too bad either, and Samsung makes a Blu-Ray player that is also Netflix enabled.

Josh

i just picked up the LG blu-ray which has the roku box inside, sick!!!!!!!

Offline sparkey

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 03:28:02 PM »
How much cheddar that set ya back?

Josh

#Generalstrike for president in 2024

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 04:54:38 PM »
How much cheddar that set ya back?

Josh

349 at bestbuy, financed for 18month interest free

Offline DeepCreatures

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 12:32:28 PM »
uploaded some pics now that all is completed:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78623577@N00/?saved=1

didn't add any pics of the rears or the sub.

peace,
ts

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com