Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Can anything be done with this recording? (Slight distortion)  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Numbness For Sound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Numbness For Sound
My friend taped a gig they were at a couple of nights ago. Now they're not super into taping and have a tie clip Sony microphone to tape a couple shows of an artist we both like. They don't have a battery pack or adjust the recording levels at all. Basically just hit record and go. Now the recordings actually sound a heck of a lot better than I thought they would considering the microphone wasn't expensive. However whenever playing them back, as soon as some powerful notes are hit, there appears to be slight distortion. It's as if the levels are too high, which I suspect they are.

I'd really love to do something to tone this down a little so was looking for some advice. Can this be done? I've uploaded a sound sample http://www.alistairgriffinmedia.co.uk/sample.mp3 for you to take a listen. I'm on a Powerbook and have Spark XL, although I just got it so don't really know all the ins and outs on how to use it! If anyone has any tips they would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help.
AKG 391s > Beyer Dynamic MV50 > JB3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com