Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: NERO 6 ---or--- NERO 7 ??  (Read 5271 times)

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
NERO 6 ---or--- NERO 7 ??
« on: July 17, 2007, 10:01:59 PM »

ssia.....any opinions?    Thanks  :)
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline dgodwin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AT4041->Tascam DR-100mkiii
Re: NERO 6 ---or--- NERO 7 ??
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:07:24 PM »

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 10:19:06 PM »

That's what I thought, Dan........should I d/l it, or buy a cheep new copy on flEbay?

???

Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline dgodwin

• AT4041->Tascam DR-100mkiii
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 10:34:28 PM »

That's what I thought, Dan........should I d/l it, or buy a cheep new copy on flEbay?

???

That's entirely up to you and your ethics.  As I'm sure you're aware, there are plenty of places to download it illegally.  You can purchase a retail version of it, or possibly just buy a new burner that comes with it (although, you'll likely get 7 then)   It's worth the expense.   I have an oem version I use that came with one of my drives (lighton 32x cdr burner I think)  and have never looked back.

Offline DaveG73

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Beer and Music.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 05:04:40 AM »
For what it is worth, I bought Nero 7 and couldn't get the Flac plugin working at all. (I am notoriously crap with computers). I still use it for my Data burning needs, but for Audio I use Burrrn.

Dave.
Always Taping Under The Influence.

I was under the assumption that as a taper, we're all geeks?  I just thought it went with the territory?

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 06:59:00 AM »
Be careful buying a drive that "comes with" Nero.  Often the software is "locked" to that particular drive.
If you change the drive, Nero won't see that the new one.  This can be a problem if you have several different external drives, for example, or if you change drives out later on and forget about it.

Richard

???

That's entirely up to you and your ethics.  As I'm sure you're aware, there are plenty of places to download it illegally.  You can purchase a retail version of it, or possibly just buy a new burner that comes with it (although, you'll likely get 7 then)   It's worth the expense.   I have an oem version I use that came with one of my drives (lighton 32x cdr burner I think)  and have never looked back.
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

dorrcoq

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 08:35:57 PM »
Nero 6 Ultra Edition

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 03:33:32 PM »
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline boyacrobat

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 12:00:52 AM »
nero 7 , no probs

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline macroint

• Jeff's List
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 09:53:11 AM »
Nero 6 Ultra Edition

I got a quick question: been using Nero 6 Ultra for almost three years...very few problems, until recently. Nero is the only burning software I have, so it's not as if I can try another to see if the problem is Nero or my burner. During the burn, sometimes a third of the way through, sometimes halfway or three quarters, the computer freezes up, Nero stops (no errors reported, it just stops dead), the mouse cursor won't even budge. I have to shut down and re-boot. Most of the time, this happens. Occasionally, a good burn will slip through the cracks and give me hope that everything's well...but it's only fleeting as subsequent burns tank.

I know no one is gonna be able to solve my problem with this limited intel, but what does it sound like to you? Nero? Burner? Something else?

Thanks!
Peluso CEMC6>PS-2>AD-20>NJB3

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC
http://baltimore-taper.blogspot.com

Offline macroint

• Jeff's List
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 10:39:14 AM »
Addendum:

I let my subscription for Norton Anti-Virus lapse recently, which, coincidentally, coincides with when my burning problems started. Could the absence of Norton be the culprit?
Peluso CEMC6>PS-2>AD-20>NJB3

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC
http://baltimore-taper.blogspot.com

dorrcoq

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 12:21:03 PM »
You know, the only time I had problems like that was when my power supply was going.  New (better) power supply, and no problems since.  I'm not sure how you can check this without actually replacing the thing, though.

Offline Brennan

• Taperssection Member
  • Currently hooked on open taping
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 03:35:19 PM »
You could pull something from one of the power supply (more common, PSU) plugs and see if that solves your problem. Obviously, not something important such as a fan but maybe your other CD drive. How many watts is your power supply? (Should say on the side, or the information sticker)

I'm using 7 Ultra Edition I just noticed..lol..and the FLAC plugin works seamlessly in case you wondered :)
Team SoCal

Church Audio Cardiods > Church Audio STC-9000 Preamp > Edirol R-09 (24/48) <- Click for info on each!

Offline LEDZEPZOSO

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 08:54:30 PM »
If you want to get a OEM version of NERO 7.2 Pacific Geek has it free this weekend (About every other weekend). Just pay $7 in ipping
http://www.pacificgeek.com/freeproduct.asp

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.178 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com